Contractor License

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contractor License

I am looking in to starting a lawn care business in Nevada and was wondering if any one knew what the rules are on Contractor License. Iíve notice that some LCO advertise they have a contractor license and some donít?

Hi jdcollis,

Welcome to our forum!

Here is a pdf file from Nevada that will help you with your license information

http://agri.state.nv.us/nursery/Nursery.PDF

What got you interested in starting your own business?
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Thanks for the info that helps a lot. I guess my big question is will I need a Contracting License from the State Contracting Board or not? or is that only required if your doing landscaping?

As for why I decided to start a business. I got laid off from my Job, and that has opened my mind to new roads and ideas.

jdcollis

Comment

Hi jdcollis,

A lot of it depends on what type of work you plan on doing. To be sure, you could always send them an email or give them a call and tell them the services you want to provide. Some services will require a license while others may not. Plus you might need a city business license as well. Call the town hall for questions on that one.

What kind of marketing are you planning on doing this year?
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
        Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Working...
        X