Made the big times probably not

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Made the big times probably not

Is there anybody around from 2009 that is still active?
    the big buzz back then was this organic fertilizer and some liquid that aerates your lawn. Picfarmer from Nova Scotia used it alot. But I see he is no longer active. I really wish I could remember my user name back then.
    Last edited by MikeO; 02-10-2019, 10:02 PM.

Yes, organic was the big discussion then. How do you feel the industry has changed since then? Do you feel there are any buzzword services currently that have replaced that one?
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Yes, organic was the big discussion then. How do you feel the industry has changed since then? Do you feel there are any buzzword services currently that have replaced that one?
      thats a great question to ponder on. when i started, i started on here absorbing all I could about every topic possible. I was determined, I was eager and I was going to make this work regardless of what happens that year. I offered two services. lawn mowing and gutter cleaning. I placed one ad in the paper and i remember picfarmer saying something about this ad. he said to offer senior discounts. so i typed out my ad, placed my ad in the paper, number 1 spot highlighted 10 bucks more. i left that ad in there for all summer. i grew so big really fast i didnt know what to do. and it scared me literally. i did every job, never said no, cash in hand every day. sometimes 500-600 days, it paid for a snowblower a new mower a new trimmer a trailer and a truck for 1500
      i did very well for myself. i didnt care about price, it was all profit to me. whats a 50 dollar ad for a month? i was lucky id say. sometimes you had to play dirty to get the price you need. thats the way it goes sometimes. i was successful off of one ad in the newspaper. it kept me busy for winter work as well. nothing big because i didnt take much on. just a few. you have to find your niche thats the key to this whole game. your niche will sell you better than you can sell yourself. whatever its going to be. make it your niche. and the rule to success is, you have to advertise your business. a business without a sign is a sign without business
      quit doing all the free ads FB craigslist whatever. your paying clients go elsewhere. thats who you want anyways. your paying to keep the rats away. thats my opinion. always have a piece of paper or carbon copy with signatures stating what you did. it keeps you both honest. always give a receipt, look somewhat decent and just be friendly. this isnt hard game to get into. you just have to have the drive and common courtesy towards people. Im going this year im doing organic fertilizer. i stopped for many years. im going back this year. i had some medical issues that needed to be taken care of. i suffered a massive heart attack and another 6 months after. i took alot of time off. this year will be no different than my first year. im not going to do every job tho, just what i can do. im not working full time so i have some time to do this more. Im not concerned what other people charge. i charge what I think is fair, nothing more. friendly,dependable and great service. thats all they want. doesnt need to be over complicated but we make it that way. im going to document my work on here as I go. what works and what doesnt. be more involved in the trade. that was something i didnt do my first year, and i wish i would have. this year will be exciting and new. i cant wait.
      Last edited by MikeO; 02-12-2019, 11:46 PM.

Comment

I am very sorry about hearing your health situation and I do hope you are feeling much better.

be more involved in the trade. that was something i didnt do my first year, and i wish i would have. this year will be exciting and new
        From your perspective, what would that include and how do you feel that would have helped you more then and now?
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

sorry for the late response. Been getting snow like crazy. lots of blowing and shoveling.

I think as far as in the trade wise. Just be more knowledgeable about everything, really. from lawns to customers to business to marketing.
          I think the average homeowner wants a good service. Should have an invoice saying you di their lawn. Just be classy about how you represent yourself.
          I had business cards, and honestly that was about it. This year its everything Licensed and insured, a real LLC. present yourself in a classy way.
          thats what they are looking for, nott some guy who looked like he just woke up from a 4 fay drinking binge. you are going onto their property, and im certain
          they want you somewhat respectful. Look like your a business guy instead of the 4 day hungover guy. Give them a good pitch, offer a discount and treat them friendly
          Im certain you wont lose one. I think thats what i meant about staying on top of the trade. Its something to always be reflecting on. somebodys always watching
          do a great job smile be yourself, but treat like you mean it. it is your bread and butter after all.

Comment

Have you noticed a difference in the past bunch of years as far as the level of competition goes in the industry? Has it changed much? What about the number of others in the field?

Has it changed much from the years when we were having all those home foreclosures?

Do you feel the current economy has effected the number of landscapers and lawn care professionals out there?

Comment

Is there anybody around from 2009 that is still active?
              the big buzz back then was this organic fertilizer and some liquid that aerates your lawn. Picfarmer from Nova Scotia used it alot. But I see he is no longer active. I really wish I could remember my user name back then.
              You're thinking about Nature's Lawn products.
              Boughter's Lawn Care Services Mowing and Fertilizing in New Castle, PA

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X