Anyone pay employees per job?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone pay employees per job?

I'm not talking independent contractors as I read a bit on that and it seems a pain to qualify for that method, I still like the idea of pay per performance and pay each employee a % of the bill depending on exp., position, etc.

Maybe you could give a bonus per lawn if there are no call backs?
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Idk, you tell me. I'm brand new to this. All I know is most people pay hourly and to me that seems to create a new job of supervision which wouldn't be as necessary as their pay depends on their performance and I'd imagine it applies universally that people work as hard as their is incentive and there has to be way more with per job basis than hourly. Only incentive with hourly is KEEPING one's job, vs EARNING it. There must be a bunch of info/statistics on this and all the reasons it doesn't work I'm not aware of

I'm familiar with the type of incentive you proposed but I prefer something that never takes a break

Comment

Whatever you decide to go with. Start with something simple that you can tweak as you go. If the employees know that they will lose a bonus if the customer calls to complain and requires the crew to go back and fix something, they will try to keep the customer's happy.
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

Well I would guess that the bonus of no call backs is not having to go back for free.

The more I think about it the more tricky it becomes apparent. If all the work was related to a particular job then it would be simple. But I suppose there will be things that aren't specific to any single job that I'll learn about and what Jose cuts his thumb off mid job and they were all getting a set %, I'll better have a system that will calculate how much time he had left over, equate it to dollars them distribute it to the remaining two workers who might get paid at different rates. I actually could see myself programming that in excel but will I use excel forever? If not is there time clock payroll software out there that let's you do a bunch of complicated things like this and allow people to punch into hourly or % based pay or other? I imagine there is something. Maybe I should look into it. But yeah, now I can see why most just do hourly. Performance pay would have to be hourly at a base then per particular metrics or achievements add bonuses. Duh right? What's that expression I've had people tell me before? If it ain't broke...

Comment

You could also offer a % of upsells they make. If the employee is able to set up an additional service that you bid at accurately, they could get a bonus for that.

Comment

You could also offer a % of upsells they make. If the employee is able to set up an additional service that you bid at accurately, they could get a bonus for that.
              Thanks. That's a good tip. And maybe track average time of job completion somehow? That way idk, you could incentivize them to keep the times down somehow? Snickers bars? How would you do that? Probably best just as a gauge to just be able to see when things are slowing down like maybe with a trainee or something. I guess once you get two crews THEN you can start encouraging competition. Whichever team is on top gets... 24pack of frozen Gatorade? Or more pay? Is that legal? It sounds so cut throat yet fun at the same time just to watch but is it wrong to encourage such a competitive environment? I mean, the lead team, maybe it has to be over a month's period of time, could get an extra buck an hour or something. And the frozen 36 pack of Gatorade. And we'd quickly learn who you'd have to fire anyway, or maybe who you wouldn't have but should have. Okay, now I have a goal to get two crews and I have zero customers. Fiverr slowing me down with the logo. I called every lawn care company in my city and not one answered. And none do all electric. I think I got a plan

Comment

All those are good ideas. Experiment as you grow and see which incentives work best for you.I hope you like your new logo too!

Comment

Thanks Steve!

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X