Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Commercial mower advantage or necessary??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commercial mower advantage or necessary??

Hey guys, I've been doing lawns on the side for several years and doing pretty good! Trying to justify if a commercial grade zero turn is gonna benefit me? I have about 18 customers, currently using a Toro Timecutter SS4235 42" cut, Honda pushmower and Stihl weedeaters. Id like to keep the Toro 42" to fit in smaller gates but feel I could benefit by having a larger zero turn as well, like a 48" or 50". I would need to carry both so that means a bigger trailer but at least I could have both mowers at my disposable depending on the yard size? Any advice?

Commercial grade mowers are made to last longer than consumer grade. Check out for instance the mowing deck on a commercial mower and you will notice it's not made of a stamped piece of sheet metal. The engines are built to last longer as well.

The question you have to consider is, with 18 customers, how many of them are going to be needing the use of the larger mower? Will the time saved by using the larger commercial mower help you make more money in the long haul? If so, how long will it take to make that money back?

Do you plan on growing your business larger and you need a commercial grade mower to last you for years of usage? Or do you plan on keeping this as a side business and maybe you could be fine with a consumer grade model?

What are your thoughts on that?

- Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Yes the stronger deck would be a huge plus, my toro already has a hole blown in the rear of it! Out of 18 customers. I would be able to use the new mower on 80% of them, the other 20% would be push mowed or mowed with the 42" zturn. I think the new mower would translate into faster mowing times which would allow me to take on more customers per day. I do plan to grow my business even more but I could definitely take on larger yards or commercial properties knowing the commercial zturn would allow me to finish those much faster. I plan n sticking with this because I enjoy doing and feel like the new commercial grade mower would be a good solid investment, your equipment is everything. Even tho they are offering 0% interest for 36 months, I plan to pay half cash and finance the rest and pay it off early as I did with my current mower. Thought?

Comment

If it is equipment you are going to use often, and it sounds like it is. If you can afford it and it will help you improve efficiency and grow, it sounds like a good move. Keep us posted on what you decide to do.
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
        Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X