Need a lil help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a lil help

How do I go about bidding a spring clean up job?

I have yet to view the job.

According to the customer he will need a couple bushes trimmed, weedso pulled and a layer of mulch.

A friend said charge $40 an hour labor plus materials.

Does that sound about right?

Thanks

Sure you can charge $40 an hour plus materials. In fact, if you are unsure on how many hours to bid, you could try and bid it $40 per hour without a specific amount of time and see if the customer goes for it. That way you won't underbid the time to do the job.

Keep us posted on how the job looks when you get there.
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

time and material. thats the only way ill bid clean ups because they always add something else on to it.

Comment

time and material. thats the only way ill bid clean ups because they always add something else on to it.
        Do you mean you bid a fixed amount of time or do you tell the customer the time is open ended so if they add more things for you to do, you just keep working and charging them for it?
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
        Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

I tell them $45/hour. I also tell them this stuff takes longer than you think.

Comment

When you aren't sure, just go with Time and Material. There are a lot of pricing strategies, but this one is the only way to know you won't get screwed under bidding. After you have done a few jobs and have a better feel for it, you can start using flat rate pricing. Just make sure that your Time is not underbidded, as there is more in the Time part than just your pay rate. You also have to consider things like overhead costs (insurance, advertising, fuel consumption, etc.) as well as time off of the job (time spent in the office doing billing, taxes, etc., customer service time, and delivery time such as hauling the debris to the dump)

Good luck

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X