Snow Plowing / Landscaping

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snow Plowing / Landscaping

Keep now snow plowing money separate from landscaping. Do not invest the money you make from the snow into the landscaping business. Their two separate businesses.

Ummmmmmm........... sure.

Must be a nightmare on your balance sheet, trucks, skids, loaders, labor are used in both. Maintenance for is has always carried plowing, plowing helps with oh recovery and keeps the machine turning in winter months. Neither would work as a standalone business for us.

If you can make it happen kudos to you.

Comment

Everything goes into the same account for me.

I don't keep separate books for either, all $$$ goes to the same place.

Comment

Ummmmmmm........... sure.

Must be a nightmare on your balance sheet, trucks, skids, loaders, labor are used in both. Maintenance for is has always carried plowing, plowing helps with oh recovery and keeps the machine turning in winter months. Neither would work as a standalone business for us.

If you can make it happen kudos to you.
        Kudos to you too.

Seems like this will be my last post. I could have offered a lot to this forum. But seem like you know everything. I could save many people a lot of money but why. I don't like all the attitude and don't need it.

If the landscape owns the truck to snow plow. Pay a rent to the landscaping business. Same with the other equipment skid loader. Labor to help in snow is labor in the snow acct. The fact is the money you make in plowing is much more profitable than landscaping. So why dump it into trailers, mowers, trimmers, and so on.

If you need the snow to pay your landscaping business then you don't have much of a landscaping business.

As I did dump a lot of money into my landscaping business from the snow. Which was very stupid on my part as I look back on it.

If I took all the money made from the snow and concentrated on getting larger loaders and bidding on large malls. It would have benefited me more.

Steve pls delete my id.
        Last edited by Rocky; 11-08-2015, 09:36 AM.

Comment

I apologize for paying you a compliment

You must have run a decent sized snow operation to consider plowing malls. Around me they usually go to large construction companies to keep their equipment working.

Comment

Damn it jrs, now we've lost our last hope of making any money. Without Rocky here I bet everyone goes out of business. How did we ever make it without him? Dang, now all hope is lost.... oh wait..... I just woke up out of Rocky's dream. Ok, back to reality

He would have really been upset with me..... we don't have much snow here so no one in the state has a snow plow. And, I used to keep my carpet cleaning and house cleaning checks in the same bank account. Ima baaad boy!

Comment

Damn it jrs, now we've lost our last hope of making any money. Without Rocky here I bet everyone goes out of business. How did we ever make it without him? Dang, now all hope is lost.... oh wait..... I just woke up out of Rocky's dream. Ok, back to reality

He would have really been upset with me..... we don't have much snow here so no one in the state has a snow plow. And, I used to keep my carpet cleaning and house cleaning checks in the same bank account. Ima baaad boy!
              That was (hee-hee) too dang (hee-hee-hee) good! I don't know if I (ha-hee-ha) can contain myself.......nope-WHAAAAA-HA-HA-HA-HAAAA!
              integritylawnpro.com

Comment

As I did dump a lot of money into my landscaping business from the snow. Which was very stupid on my part as I look back on it.
                But couldn't it then be said that the landscape side of things benefited from the snow plow money? So wouldn't the business growth be the same, regardless of where the money is pumped back into?
                - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
                Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

The plowing money will help out with the start up of summer lawn care and the summer lawn care will help out with the snow plowing season coming up.

It all goes into the same account and all aspects of the business therefore helps each out...just my opinion!

We have four seasons here and fall clean ups are a good source of funds that can for example be used for plow trucks etc if needed, and so on!!!

All $$$ are put into same account...I don't see any reason to keep separate books for each entity of the business!

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X