A couple questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A couple questions

Fertilizing liquid vs pellet? From what I've looked into I don't need an applicators license for residential grade fertilizer (sold in stores to regular people). But it seems mostly pellet style is available or concoct a compost liquid.

Timemaster? There's no big yards around here most lots under 12000 sq ft some up to 15000, don't think I need any thing to big. For 30 inches at 1000 bucks they do have common problems but I can definitely fix them myself. What are other options for smaller lawns?

Aerating procedure/price? Procedure like mowing ? except stay away from the edges(everything here is irrigated)?multiple passes? How deep? Pricing? I see handwritten with marker roadside signs and craigslist from $30-$50 , is that average or the lowball craigslist/roadside sign crowd?

Hedge trim shapes? Prices? Do people just like certain shapes or is there certain shapes for different types of shrub? Pricing like estimating anything else in my head how long will this take (x) per hour? Plus dumping(free and close)

Who to market to? I'm picking neighborhoods and sending postcards
    Newer neighborhoods with curbing ,looking nicer,hoa's,
    Vs. older hoods with slightly bigger yards and less curbing
    In regards to time trimming(because it is the time consuming part of the job). I like the newer nicer idea, because I think end results will look nicer, but that's just a personal preference , but the older yards might be quicker better money maker. Also potential for moving to a bigger mower.

Pressure washing wastewater? Not much info regarding this, I've read some laws but nobody talks about what their actually doing. Would like to do small concrete driveways but the water running down the side of the street might be a problem. Washing isn't huge around here at all very few offerings I feel there could be potential if promoted.

These are my questions at the moment, I'm planning on going big (for myself) in 2016. Targeted postcards, website, throw lots of money at this thing, goal is at least 50 customers by end of season . Mowing ,hedge trimming, aerating, fertilizing not to complicated. Thanks for any input you may have!

Another question Any recommendations for who to build a website, an online builder? or should I search for someone locally?
    Last edited by Wemowjunction; 10-22-2015, 11:12 PM.
    Honda 21" hrr
    Husqvarna 128ldx trimmer
    Husqvarna 125 blower
    Husqvarna edger attachment

Fertilizing liquid vs pellet? From what I've looked into I don't need an applicators license for residential grade fertilizer (sold in stores to regular people). But it seems mostly pellet style is available or concoct a compost liquid.
    I think you need an applicators license regardless of the fertilizer form. Each state is different but it would be a safe move to look into this further before you start offering it.

Timemaster? There's no big yards around here most lots under 12000 sq ft some up to 15000, don't think I need any thing to big. For 30 inches at 1000 bucks they do have common problems but I can definitely fix them myself. What are other options for smaller lawns?
    We have had members on here like those mowers.
    http://www.gopherforum.com/showthread.php?t=19721

Aerating procedure/price? Procedure like mowing ? except stay away from the edges(everything here is irrigated)?multiple passes? How deep? Pricing? I see handwritten with marker roadside signs and craigslist from $30-$50 , is that average or the lowball craigslist/roadside sign crowd?
    What you need to know before you aerate a lawn.

How to price an average lawn care aeration service.

More aeration information here http://lawnchat.com/category/lawn-ca...vices/aeration

Hedge trim shapes? Prices? Do people just like certain shapes or is there certain shapes for different types of shrub? Pricing like estimating anything else in my head how long will this take (x) per hour? Plus dumping(free and close)
    There are a whole bunch of articles on hedge trimming here that should help you.

Who to market to? I'm picking neighborhoods and sending postcards
    Newer neighborhoods with curbing ,looking nicer,hoa's,
    Vs. older hoods with slightly bigger yards and less curbing
    In regards to time trimming(because it is the time consuming part of the job). I like the newer nicer idea, because I think end results will look nicer, but that's just a personal preference , but the older yards might be quicker better money maker. Also potential for moving to a bigger mower.
    There is a lot of lawn care marketing information here.

Pressure washing wastewater? Not much info regarding this, I've read some laws but nobody talks about what their actually doing. Would like to do small concrete driveways but the water running down the side of the street might be a problem. Washing isn't huge around here at all very few offerings I feel there could be potential if promoted.
    Pressure washing articles are here.

These are my questions at the moment, I'm planning on going big (for myself) in 2016. Targeted postcards, website, throw lots of money at this thing, goal is at least 50 customers by end of season . Mowing ,hedge trimming, aerating, fertilizing not to complicated. Thanks for any input you may have!

Another question Any recommendations for who to build a website, an online builder? or should I search for someone locally?
    When it comes to website building, you'd be surprised how much you can do yourself with godaddy and install a wordpress blog. Then you can down load a lawn care website template.

From there you would fill in your custom information. Why not try it out yourself first as we are entering the slow season and then worst comes to worst, you can either ask more questions on here or hire someone to take it over.

Let me know if this information helped.
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X