No announcement yet.

What have been your best forms of marketing / gaining clients

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How important do you feel it is to ave to people driving by as you are working on a lawn?
    Waving is one of the most important things you can do to attract positive attention to yourself. It can also peak interest as it shows good character.

Waving will show that you are confident in your work and yourself. "hey look at what i'm doing" feel free to speak with me.

I have seen folks slow down and sometimes even go out of their way for me to recognize them, I wave they stop we speak, leads me to allot of work.

Some people have a hard time approaching others without an invite, that's all it takes to break the ice and make them feel comfortable, a simple invite.
    Waving is an invitation for conversation and an acknowledgement of ones presents.

Long answer short. Waving is important. Be that guy!

Comment

Have you ever driven around town in a car with no lawn care service signage on it, and then drive by some companies performing lawn care? 95 times out of 100 if not more, they won't wave at you. Even if you are walking by them. So if you can do that alone, you can really stand out.
      - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
      Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

That's great advice...wave. Smile and wave.

Get business cards and don't be shy handing them out. You could even say "Hey, I've started my own lawn care business, can I hand you my card and if you know anyone maybe you could give it to them?".

It's also okay to turn down work. If it's beyond you. Customers ask us if we can do trees, and we tell them we don't. But we give them the business card of an arborist and tell them they can handle it.
        Andrew Baker
        Landscape Contractor
        Neighborhood Lawn Care, Inc
        Vancouver, WA
        http://neighborhoodlawncare.biz

Comment

Also consider getting one of those business card holders for your truck. So when someone is walking or driving by and they see you, they can stop and get a business card to call you later.
          - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
          Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X