What have been your best forms of marketing / gaining clients

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What have been your best forms of marketing / gaining clients

I'd like to increase my clients and retain those who I do have through the fall season.

What has been some of the ways you successful entreprenuers have increased your clientele and income?

Flyers ?
    Word of mouth ?
    Right place right time ?

I have started to give more to each customer and not penny pinch them to show my commitment to service.

I am struggling with gaining clients and making more money!

Fall flyer idea's

What are some great ideas to add on my fall flyer?

Is it better to have 4 flyers a year?

1 for each season?

or 1 solid flyer covering all of my services?

Comment

I have started to give more to each customer and not penny pinch them to show my commitment to service.

You decided to not bill your clients full price for a service and then you question why your not making money..
      Think like this .every time you give something away by not billing for it your not actually benifitting from doing it,your waiting time and time is money, these clients will continue having you work for them because they know you always come through for them.
      If you simply add $5.00 a job for that odd work by years end you can afford that long vacation.

Comment

Word of mouth

Knowing the right people

Networking (which helps you find the right people )

Comment

Does this answer depend on how long you are in business?

For example, can a start up rely on word of mouth? Or does that method get more valuable as you are in business longer? What about other methods? Does their importance change over time?
          - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
          Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Word of mouth is going to be the best.

If you don't have business cards yet, get some. Keep the box of cards in your truck, and a few in your wallet.

I think it was last year, maybe the year before, that I made a postcard flyer. I think it looks great, so I just use the same one year round. I have considered changing it to have some "seasonal" ones, but just haven't yet.

Also, everything costs money. It's one thing to cut down an annoying branch so you can mow under it, it's another to cleanup a flower bed for free. Though to be honest, I do a lot of extra free work for good clients. Clients that come out and shot the **** with us (yea, standing there talking costs money too, but it keeps a client).

Look at it like this, if the customer asks you to do something, bill them for it.

In the beginning I was also willing to lower my price just to get the work, or drive really far away (still do for some accounts) just for work. If you quote someone work work, just still with your price. What do you get for going cheaper? Nothing...the same work for less pay.

Hell, I've had some people ask me why my prices are so high and I told them it was because I'm not a child pushing his dads mower. That was in the beginning when I didn't look too professional. I don't get that question anymore. I still get people telling me my prices are high, and I just tell them they aren't.
            Andrew Baker
            Landscape Contractor
            Neighborhood Lawn Care, Inc
            Vancouver, WA
            http://neighborhoodlawncare.biz

Comment

Sure steve. Everyone is looking for that new hot thing so a guy starts and he try hard to make an impact.
              His first client is a great feeling, his 10th is unbelievable. And then it starts, he becomes a ducted to the sell and loses eye of making money.
              His 10 clients get him a referal, and because miss Jones is great Helga must be too.... same price,no question.next thing he has doubled Helga failed to pay and life moved on. The lawn care company becomes complacient,more new Hoy things come and pick up right where you left off. Where did most lcos leave off?? At I will do it 10 bucks cheaper then your other guy...based on no reason other then I want this job and I don't care if he made money,this is mine.

As a LCO we have to be on top of our game, constantly be putting our tried and tested systems out to reel in new work. If not lil Johnny will come in and pick up where you left off and at a 1/3 the price.

Comment

Lxarth, is right and I agree if it's free you want to do for a client you make the call,not because they requested it.

I feel if we take the time to stay social with our clients,they become social butterfly and will talk to everyone about you.

I personally wish I could do this with every client we have but it's simply not poilsible, and I can tell the difference in happy customer feedback.
                We used to get 150 personalized thank you letters a year now we will likely get 3 times that of " who?? Oh your with the lawn people"

We even get 5 or so calls a year of clients telling our office workers "we have a lawn service .....not realizing it is us .

If a none takes one word I say to heart..... small guys. Don't be afraid to make it personal. Treat clients how you want treated

Comment

We used to get 150 personalized thank you letters a year now we will likely get 3 times that of " who?? Oh your with the lawn people"
                  Why do you feel the amount of personalized thank you letters you get has lowered to 3 from 150 a year?
                  - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

I'd like to increase my clients and retain those who I do have through the fall season.

What has been some of the ways you successful entreprenuers have increased your clientele and income?

Flyers ?
                    Word of mouth ?
                    Right place right time ?

There is a ton of bad advise floating around on youtube.

Let me give you some good advise.

Relax, be the most cheerful guy you can be, speak to everyone let them know who you are and what you do. Quit worrying about how to get new customers and Let the new customers come to you. It is simple and will build you a solid clientele base. You will have one shot to speak with everyone you see out during the day don't blow your one shot. This will take time you must be patient and persistent.

Comment

There is a ton of bad advise floating around on youtube.

Let me give you some good advise.

Relax, be the most cheerful guy you can be, speak to everyone let them know who you are and what you do. Quit worrying about how to get new customers and Let the new customers come to you. It is simple and will build you a solid clientele base. You will have one shot to speak with everyone you see out during the day don't blow your one shot. This will take time you must be patient and persistent.
                      This is really good advice, even bringing it up in casual conversation will help brand your business. Be personable with people, everyone is a potential customer

Comment

Door hangers have been the best print media for me, but using various mediums is best if you want a wide audience.
                        integritylawnpro.com

Comment

Relax, be the most cheerful guy you can be, speak to everyone
                          How important do you feel it is to ave to people driving by as you are working on a lawn?

Comment

Word of mouth

Knowing the right people

Networking (which helps you find the right people )
                            I agree. While I try to treat everyone the same and give same level of service from the poor guy to the RE agent that can build my business swiftly, I'm realizing it's really a mixed bag.

I guess the best advice I can give is to actually care about each and every one of your customers and their property. The money will come if you genuinely devote yourself to the care of their property and their individual needs. People are slow to praise, but they will badmouth you to hell and back in an instant. So under promise and over deliver.

Comment

This is really good advice, even bringing it up in casual conversation will help brand your business. Be personable with people, everyone is a potential customer
                              Absolutely! I do everything in house for marketing when I can. I print my own business cards and have ordered shirts I wear whenever possible. Always be selling. Always have business cards ready. Learn as much as you can about this business and find mentors. People that have done it.

Don't see the competition as competition but brothers in arms. Because they're out there beatin' out a livin' like you. Never badmouth competition. Trust me. People suck and 9/10 someone dropped the guy over petty crap. I see crews that have what I don't, I don't get discouraged, I get motivated. In a year I've managed to build my business better than I ever would have thought I could.

Just keep pluggin' bro. Never surrender!!!

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X