$50,000 grant for starting your lawn mowing business

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $50,000 grant for starting your lawn mowing business

If you were given $50,000 to start a lawn mowing business, that you do not have to pay back, if you already have an established business pretend you are starting from scratch you don't own a truck, you do not have any equiptment you are not lisence or insured, You do not have a tax ID number, you have never had any previous advertisments. How would you plan to budget your money. ex. up to $X on a reliable used truck, and $X on equiptment, $X for ins. , $X for advertising, ect.
    Last edited by JacobsLawnMowing; 03-18-2014, 09:31 PM.

That depends, is using the $50,000 to escape this Godforsaken hellhole they call America an option? Because I'd go with that first.

Comment

You could just go with everything as cheaply as possible at first and see if you are going to want to continue to do this after a year. Put all the other cash in the bank.

Then as you go, you could scale up as you needed to.

You could also live off the money if things were slow until they picked up.
      - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
      Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

You could just go with everything as cheaply as possible at first and see if you are going to want to continue to do this after a year. Put all the other cash in the bank.

Then as you go, you could scale up as you needed to.

You could also live off the money if things were slow until they picked up.
        this is just a theorticial question, but I may have failed to say in my question that the entire $50k must be spent in the first year or the money expires and any unused ammount would expire. I do not have that knd of money to put into my lawn mowing business I buy the highest quality I can for a reasonable ammount of money, but I have seen a $31,000 snow blower (hustler with an enclosed cab and a snow blower on the front, smaller than a compact car) used pick up trucks in the $40-50k price range, a $20,000 lawn mower (not really bigger than a $1,200 lawn mower just compacts more grass) and advertising that can run $10,000 a day. so in a way $50k is alot of money but could not go very far if you spent it wrong. and believe it or not a good portion of the lawn mowing companies here run with the $20,000 lawn mowers.

Comment

Well if you had to spend it all, maybe you could get some decent equipment and then do a lot of marketing. Get a website made. Advertise in the newspaper. Send out full color direct mailers each month. At the end of the year, you could then upgrade equipment where needed based on what services you were offering and what you have learned over that year.
          - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
          Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X