Advertising On craigslist No phone calls

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advertising On craigslist No phone calls

Could you look at my ad and tell me what I could change on the ad to make it more succesful. http://fargo.craigslist.org/fgs/4379005242.html if the link doesn't work you can look under lawn and garden US, North Dakota, Fargo/moorhead. Please do not call unless you want me to mow you lawn in Fargo ND, Moorhead MN, or Fergus Falls MN. I am guessing you own a lawn mowing business, but I do not understand why I am not getting any calls besides that it is too early and people are not thinking about mowing their lawn, this is making me go crazy, the advertise and the only thing that happens is... ... nothing.

Jacob's Lawn Mowing (fargo Moorhead)

New Customers receive $25 off your first month of lawn mowing with 1 year contract expires 5/5/2014 just tell us you found our ad on craigslist. Relax in comfort knowing your lawn is being taken care of and mowed weekly, Call Now for best price. No soliciting.
    Last edited by JacobsLawnMowing; 03-17-2014, 03:25 PM.

Well, like where I'm at there is snow on the ground still so probably why there are no calls yet. Did you put that add on craigslist just like it shows with the writing on the bottom? If so its probably not that big of deal as you still get your message out, but could you have maybe put the message on the picture? I think it would look more professional and maybe get more response.

Comment

Craigslist has worked for me. I'm getting a few "feeler" calls from folks trying to decide who they want quotes from for the upcoming season. But, it's still too early to see how well it will work since most folks won't think about lawn care until the grass is over their shoe tops .

Most are not proactive about getting the lawn cared for and wait until the service is needed.

Like KS mentioned, put your verbage on the pic, make it a Craigslist flyer. If you are licensed and insure state it, customer satisfaction guaranteed, say it. Think of ways to say more with less words. Build the flyer with all the important info you want to get across and then add a sentence or two underneath your flyer. You have just an instant to catch their attention. Remember they are usually in a hurry and will look through a half dozen lco ads so make yours reach out an grab their attention. Good pic, now grab them and hold them. The longer they look at your ad, the better the chance for a call. Good luck!

Comment

One more thing, you have to keep working craigslist because the newer posts will be above you. In my area there are so many lco's on CL, you have to refresh your ad every other day, or make up other flyers and post more often. Be careful so you don't get kicked off.

Comment

Advertise with yelp instead
          Isaac Covarrubias

Director of Operations
          Gerardo Landscape

Comment

As an experiment, try using these different craigslist ad templates.

There is a craigslist ad template in this thread that you can download.

There is another craigslist ad template in this thread you may need copy and paste.

See if either of those gives you better results.
            - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
            Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Wow! I didn't know there were so many sites. I need to start advertising on them.

Comment

Remember, pictures are not searchable. You will need to keep words under the picture so they can search your ad. Add to the photo a call to action but keep your keywords under the picture.
                http://www.lunchesruslawncare.com

Comment

Remember, pictures are not searchable. You will need to keep words under the picture so they can search your ad. Add to the photo a call to action but keep your keywords under the picture.
                  I never thought of putting a call button on CL. Interesting!

Comment

I think he meant a 'call to action.'

Meaning something like this.

- Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

That makes more sense :P

Comment

A little craigslit schooling

OK, So we also advertise on craigslist and have literally been getting 25 calls per day.

The art to craigslist is A. quantity of ads B. Keywords

Quantity of ads, I have 3 accounts on craigslist that I can post under, on each acct you can post 3 new ads per day and refresh 3 existing ads.

Keywords, If your ad does not say it and a customer types it = No Match, so if your ad states mowing and the customer types lawn service, No Match

So add Keywords... Here are Mine

New Tampa, Lutz, Wesley Chapel, Zephyrhills, Town n Country, Odessa. Land O Lakes, Tampa, Temple Terrace

****-

AngiesList "A" Rating!!!

See our latest work www.Facebook.com/floridagreenteam

Florida Green Team Property Maintenance Inc. a family owned and operated business, provides Full Service Property Maintenance for both Commercial and residential customers alike. We pride ourselves on 100% customer satisfaction, and truly making your property bring out its highest potential.

Florida Green Team offers the convenience of automatic bill pay, as well as accepts Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover and PayPal.

Let our professional staff handle your next project.

Our Services

Weekly Lawn Service, Pressure Washing, Sod Installation, Tree Trimming, Tree Removal, Mulch, Rock Installation, Irrigation repair, and Full Property Cleanups

Service Area

New Tampa, Lutz, Wesley Chapel, Zephyrhills, Town n Country, Odessa. Land O Lakes, Tampa, Temple Terrace

************************************************** *******

33637, 33617, 33612, 33613, 33618, 33545, 33543, 33544, 33546, 33547, 33548, 33549, 33558, 33559, 33539, 33540, 33541, 33542

landscaping, lawncare, lawn care, "lawn care", landscaper, landscapers, landscape contractor, landscape construction, lawn design, lawn designer, lawn landscape, lawn landscaping, lawn landscaper, lawn landscapers, lawn contractor, "lawn contractor",garden design, garden designer, garden landscape, garden landscaping, garden landscaper, garden landscapers, garden contractor, backyard design, backyard designer, backyard landscape, backyard landscaping, backyard landscaper, backyard landscapers, backyard contractor, yard design, yard designer, yard landscape, yard landscaping, yard landscaper, yard landscapers, yard contractor, gardening, landscape design, landscape designer, landscape designing, landscaping service, landscaping services, grass cutting, "grass cutting", mowing, "lawn mowing", mow, cutting, "lawn cutting", "grass cutting", trimming, tree service, sod, aerating, fertilizing, edging, weeding, weed removal, bermuda grass, concrete, concrete cleaning, tree trimming, stump removal, stump grinding, lawn service, "lawn Service", gardener, gardner, brush, shrub, ivy removal, weed abatement, mowing, mower, grass cutting, condos, apartments, commercial, residential, grass, front lawn, dethatching, new sod, Sod, tree trimming, palm tree, ficuh, lawn mower, blow, hedge, Lawncare, Landscaping, Mowing, Mower, Tree, Pruning, Trimming, Cleaning, Cleanup, Pressure Washing, "pressure washing", Driveway, "drive way", Sidewalk, Home, Mobile Home, house, trailer, edging, Sod, Mulch, landscape, "pool Deck", Screen Enclosure, "screen enclosure", Patio, Lawn Service

You can take a look at 1 of my ads to get an Idea

http://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/hss/4347595927.html

if you type almost any of these keywords into craigslist in our area, we will generally be about 70% of the first page.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Your ad has a great postcard image on top. Have you noticed a difference in the amount of calls you get depending upon whether you have an image in the ad or not? Does it play a big role?

Comment

Your ad has a great postcard image on top. Have you noticed a difference in the amount of calls you get depending upon whether you have an image in the ad or not? Does it play a big role?
                            We have never tried it without our banner being the first image, we always want the first image that the customer sees to have our phone number prominent. So to answer your question I don't know.

Comment

That is very interesting.

Also, the text that is directly under your phone number says "AngiesList "A" Rating!!!"

How important do you feel is it to be on Angieslist and have a "A" rating? Does advertising that help attract more clients?

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X