Getting Paid

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting Paid

I am new to the lawncare business. As of now I'm only doing residencial accounts. I was wondering how yall went about getting paid if the owners not homw when youve completed the job. I'm not big enough yet for invoices..etc. Can yall give me some ideas or explain your method. Thanks in advance

I am new to the lawncare business. As of now I'm only doing residencial accounts. I was wondering how yall went about getting paid if the owners not homw when youve completed the job. I'm not big enough yet for invoices..etc. Can yall give me some ideas or explain your method. Thanks in advance
    You don't have to be big to invoice. 2/3 of the people i work for i've never even met face to face.
    www.tammikproperties.com

Comment

Its easy
      open word
      type invoice on the top
      your name address etc
      lines for customer name address etc
      open space for work done and price
      near the bottom write y\\you were gone when we finished please pay the amount shown by______ or I will be by to pick up payment on; keave that on their door.
      there you have an invoice. print several copies make sure you have a pen to fill it out

Comment

I am using microsoft works to create my invoices, as well as
        other business documents.

If you have microsoft works installed on your pc
        open the program, go to programs at the top of the page
        open the blank word processor document.
        You can create an invoice from there.

Comment

2/3 of the people i work for i've never even met face to face.
          With the people you never met face to face how did you go about landing those jobs?
          contact, estimate, etc?

Comment

With the people you never met face to face how did you go about landing those jobs?
            contact, estimate, etc?
            referrals mostly. Had a few call me. those are all vacation rental cabins owned by out of staters. i think ive only met 3 actual homeowners out of the 16 rental properties i maintain.
            www.tammikproperties.com

Comment

Microsof word had templates for all kinds of invoices. It allows you to personalize it with Name, info, logo, etc.

Just make it, save it, then email it to them and they can either mail you a check or pay by card (square wallet, intuit are great for that and for only a small fee)

Comment

Did u lookon here there is a ton of templates alsou can go to walmart and get a invoice book for llike 5 bucks hope this helps

Comment

Did u lookon here there is a ton of templates alsou can go to walmart and get a invoice book for llike 5 bucks hope this helps
                  Aw come on, you expect me to work at this? I just want you to post your invoice so I can copy it!

Comment

Thanks guys...I appreciate your suggestions.

Comment

Phone calls

Do Not call more than 1 time per day, and start by only calling once per week, and in a month call 2 times a week, or if you dont have their number stop by their house, once a week (that they answer the door) at most and be persistant, not so not harrass them, I had a customer that wanted me to kill their lawn by lowering my lawn mower to 1 inch or less, so I tacked on a grass hieght adjustment fee of $5, because it takes time to adjust the hieght for just the one customer than back up after. beside I didn't want the reputation if someone drove by the yard and saw half was dead and the other half was weeds, the lawn looked good before I started and all my other lawns look even better after I start mowing, but between the adjustment fee and she blamed me for killing her lawn, it took me 6 months and I had to threaten to report it to the credit burrow, before I got her to agree to write a check for the basic mowing, and forget the $5 fee. she was worried I knew her address don't worry I wont come back.

Comment

Do Not call more than 1 time per day, and start by only calling once per week, and in a month call 2 times a week, or if you dont have their number stop by their house, once a week (that they answer the door) at most and be persistant, not so not harrass them, I had a customer that wanted me to kill their lawn by lowering my lawn mower to 1 inch or less, so I tacked on a grass hieght adjustment fee of $5, because it takes time to adjust the hieght for just the one customer than back up after. beside I didn't want the reputation if someone drove by the yard and saw half was dead and the other half was weeds, the lawn looked good before I started and all my other lawns look even better after I start mowing, but between the adjustment fee and she blamed me for killing her lawn, it took me 6 months and I had to threaten to report it to the credit burrow, before I got her to agree to write a check for the basic mowing, and forget the $5 fee. she was worried I knew her address don't worry I wont come back.
                        You charge people for cut height changes? Seriously?

Comment

You charge people for cut height changes? Seriously?
                          And to think, I've been doing it for free
                          www.tammikproperties.com

Comment

I'm not big enough yet for invoices..etc.
                            What makes you think you are not big enough yet for invoices?
                            - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
                            Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X