New To The Business

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New To The Business

How do I collect my money once I've completed the work that has been asked. When I cleanws houses my accounts would leave the money on the counter if they were not home when I was done. If I cut the grass after I get off work and they are not home when I'm done...what agrrement do yall use to make sure you gey paid? Thanks in advance

Welcome to our forum!

There are a bunch of options.

You can bill them in advance for the month.

You can get paid after each mowing.

You can bill at the end of the month.

Ideally, the faster you can get your money, the better.

So if you can get paid in advance, I'd say go for that.

Keep us posted on what you decide to go with.
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

I try to get paid in-advance as much as possible. PayPal and other types of online payment services work very well if your customers have access to the internet. Old school customers prefer to pay by check, if so I tell them to leave the check in a zip-lock bag under the door mat. If they did not leave the check under the mat on the day of service for any reason. I will still service their property and leave a "Sorry We Missed You" door hanger with a envelope so they can mail the payment to my PO Box. I only accept cash payments in person. Tell them never leave cash or send cash in the mail.

Deadbeat customers are the worst, when it comes to collecting your money. Do not waste your time being a collection agency. Stop service until payment is received if they get 1 payment behind. You will live and learn after you get screwed over. Stay professional and tell your customer you have a strict payment policy to help keep your overall costs down so you can continue to give all your customers the best rate possible.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X