New lawn care Biz has exploded!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think that is great insight.

What is your view on why trugreen didn't get into cutting lawns? Would that have worked well for them too do you think?
    I think they had a lot of growth at the time for spraying and firtilizing so they got out of the mowing and consentrated their time on the spraying. They gave us 150 +/- lawns so I'm sure they got a lot of return business from us to at that time. We pretty much added another crew and I would think they put another truck or two out from the extra business they got from us. I think they would have done good with having mowing crews too. Any company in my opinion should be able too do good with both cutting and firtilizing. I do think though that if you do both on your customers lawns that you can control not only the amount of firt you put down, but also be able to control or schedule when you put it down or cut the lawns so that your not interfearing with each aspect of the business...what I mean is: I've been on lawns before when you know it was just firtilized, and still wet in some cases. Your going to have that from time to time but if you do both firt and cutting then i believe one could schedule and control everything to make things run efficiently and not overlap each service so to speak....

Comment

That is all very interesting and it makes you think about ways you could grow in the future.
      - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
      Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

I generally aim for 20% - 30% per year. Any more than that, and I risk the possibility of securing work without the personnel to perform it. I generally like to grow to where we are packed with hours working overtime, hire to relieve the long hours, and repeat. This is sustainable.
        integritylawnpro.com

Comment

That sounds like a very thought out and structure growth process. It makes a lot of sense.
          - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

That sounds like a very thought out and structure growth process. It makes a lot of sense.
            Thanks, Steve. We also NEVER try to bid the cheapest ** that's dumb, and destructive to any company. Instead, we have honed our selling skills, know our key demographics we want to target, and knock 'em dead. Presentation is HUGE. When I go to do a quote, I am showered, clean-shaven, in a polo, pleated khakis, dress shoes, and ready to offer a client lunch if it will close an $8K grounds care contract. Not to change the topic, just saying.
            integritylawnpro.com

Comment

and ready to offer a client lunch if it will close an $8K grounds care contract.
              Have you ever taken a client to lunch after a bid? If so, how did that go?

Comment

Have you ever taken a client to lunch after a bid? If so, how did that go?
                Yes, several times. Every instance resulted in closing the sale. Most of our clients work white collar jobs. Taking a white collar prospect to lunch to discuss business (i.e. grounds care, outdoor living space install) is part of proper professional business protocol. It validates that you REALLY want to earn their business. No other landscaper I know of does this. Why not? Good question. Either way, more need to educate themselves in business protocol....it goes a long way.
                integritylawnpro.com

Comment

Taking a white collar prospect to lunch to discuss business (i.e. grounds care, outdoor living space install) is part of proper professional business protocol.
                  And just to be clear, you are talking about residential customers not commercial ones right?

Comment

owski77, what did you decide on? Are you going go through with it? I'd like to hear how its going and I think personally that the way you grew to as big as you are now, and so fast has to say something...sounds like you got yer sh** together. I know some have concerns about getting to big to fast but if you have a handle on it and your comfortable with where your at and want to get even bigger than I say go for it....

Comment

And just to be clear, you are talking about residential customers not commercial ones right?
                      Yes, for the most part. There was one who is a real estate investor....still have him as a client (doing grounds care for his properties).
                      integritylawnpro.com

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X