No announcement yet.

If you had $1,000 dollars to spend on advertising

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't plan to advertise too much, I would prefer word of mouth, and honestly that's worked out real well. I plan on using my facebook page as a picture book, examples of the yards I maintain. This is for people not sure if they want to use me, or a friend of a friend. There is a limit I want in terms of amount of customers. I work alone usually and prefer it. Once stable I will look into getting more than 35 accounts, and thus an employee as well.
    I couldn't find your facebook page. What name is it under SomrakLC?

Comment

Open your facebook homepage and in the search tab type somrak lawn care. I Google searched it from my phone just now and it was there also.

Comment

I just need some design help. I am working on that
        If you need help with a template keep in mind we have a bunch of free lawn care business web templates here. Maybe they can help you.
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
        Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Thumbtack is a good and bad thing. I mow all over the state and have used it for years, may get 5000 leads a year off of it but that is in a state not a city or town.
          It cost me little money per every single quote but you will need to remember this about thumbtack, they get paid for every lead and you will not get every job and you are not the only guy paying thumbtack for the same quote.
          I have a location who after 5 years knows there are as many as 15 other local lco bids for the same job.
          Also being new remember this as well of you land over 60% of your quotes your possibly to cheap.

Comment

News papers and print ads.

I cant believe how rude people are being about your question, I have seen advertising that cost $1000 a day, like a print ad in the news paper, or $1000 for a yellow book ad (not that impressive) first I would call yellow book and ask for a complementory ad, they will only do this once then the same ad is $500 a year, I would place an ad in the news paper, and if their are any local free shopping paper/ads/news paper that comes direct mail the ads can be cheap like $10 a week, where as big news papers can cost $200 for 30 days, I would still do it, if you know someone that is good with facebook and twitter ask if they will run a lawn mowing page for you, maybe if they hesitate offer a small payment for them doing the favor for you, thats better than paying a company to run it for you, just try to do as much advertising yourself, check vistaprint you can get business cards and stuff. because places like yellowbook and the news paper will try to get you to pay a monthly fee up to the full 12 months of the year and you cant mow in the winter, but you still have to pay for the ad every month, I would suggest rather spending money on equipment instead, but advertising is important just dont over do it, set a budget that you can afford, even if you dont get any customers (that would be disapointing) but I ran myself out of business doing exactly that I spent too much on advertising and lost customers because my weed eater broke and I couldn't get a new weed eater because all my money was going into ads. I am also only going to advertise until the end of may, because after june you only get 1 time jobs and you break even if you dont include your time gas or effort on 1 time deals, try to get weekly jobs for the season.

Comment

"I can't believe how rude people are being about your question".

We must be looking at a different post, I just re-read this thread and I don't see that at all. Looks like a lot of people took the time to tell the OP what has worked for them and why. He asked for suggestions (opinions based on personal experience) and that's what he got. Steve even tried to follow-up to see which direction the OP went and how it might work out.

So, in your "opinion", who's being rude and why?

Comment

first I would call yellow book and ask for a complementory ad, they will only do this once then the same ad is $500 a year,
                Can you tell us a little how this would work?

Are you saying if you call the yellow pages and ask for a complimentary ad, they will put an ad in their book for a year for free?
                - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
                Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X