Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What percent do you expect to close the deal on?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What percent do you expect to close the deal on?

Hey guys,
    Just wondering what kind of numbers I can reasonably expect when approaching property managers/business owners about bidding on their lawn care. Yes, I have pro gear, insured, etc.

Personally, I feel that I could land one in ten (10%). Is this realistic? I know this is a broad question, but I'm just looking for a general number to help plan my marketing strategy.

Thanks!
    ESLC

Hey guys,
    Just wondering what kind of numbers I can reasonably expect when approaching property managers/business owners about bidding on their lawn care. Yes, I have pro gear, insured, etc.

Personally, I feel that I could land one in ten (10%). Is this realistic? I know this is a broad question, but I'm just looking for a general number to help plan my marketing strategy.

Thanks!
    ESLC
    Most service/sales business's of varying types shoot for a 1 in 4 closing rate. That seems to the be benchmark where you are assured you're not giving it away. A higher closing rate means you're leaving money on the table. A lower closing rate (10%) may (or may not) mean you aren't getting enough of the jobs in your area, depending on what your business's $$ needs are.

Comment

It will be tough in getting 1 out of ten to even listen to you. Unless you know they are currently in the market for a new provider. If you landed 1 out of ten, your a darn good salesmen or your price is too low in my opinion. Property managers/business owners are the hardest to land at a price you both can live with.

Welcome to the forum!
      Don't Keep Replacing Lawn Sprinkler Heads
      Protect them with "Sprinkler Buddy"
      CLICK HERE > http://www.sprinklerbuddy.com

Comment

So it would appear I'm looking at more like 1%. Interesting that that's about the same number I would expect on flyer advertising to residentials.

Thanks for the replies and the warm welcome. I've been lurking for quite some time and I appreciate all I've learned here.

Comment

Most service/sales business's of varying types shoot for a 1 in 4 closing rate
          This is very interesting.

Now would this be 1 in 4 where the 4 have already called you and showed an interest in what you are selling?

Or is that 1 in 4 where the 4 are just doors you are knocking on trying to make a sale at?

I would think such factors could make a big difference.
          - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
          Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

This is very interesting.

Now would this be 1 in 4 where the 4 have already called you and showed an interest in what you are selling?

Or is that 1 in 4 where the 4 are just doors you are knocking on trying to make a sale at?

I would think such factors could make a big difference.
            The key word is COULD. You don't count every door you knock on, you count every potential customer you make your pitch to. How many you pitch to depends on YOU and your abilities as a sales person. Whether we want to believe it or not, a large percentage of what an entrepreneur does is sales.

Comment

2.5 to three percent on residential and lower on commercial is a good rule of thumb for me.

Comment

2.5 to three percent on residential and lower on commercial is a good rule of thumb for me.
                When you make that statement, what are you saying the 2.5 or 3 percent comes out of? Is this people you talk to? Flyers you send out? Something else?
                - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
                Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Steve,
                  My guess would be he's doing a combination of both. At least that was about percentages I got when I did the flyer/door to door approach. Flyers can get you about 1-2%, with the other .5-1% coming from referrals, online, etc.

Comment

I have had almost the exact opposites in my experiances
                    I would say we land 90% of the door knocks on residentials who last 5 minutes with the door open ( shows interest) and 35% of all residentials in total.
                    However commercial we seem to always here " your to high", "they were cheaper" or " we don't need those services , how much cheaper without them"
                    And we land maybe 2% of these jobs where we were asked to bid and less then 1/2 % of the walk in bids.
                    Most commercials we get are tiny, under 3 acres and if I only targeted these sizes I woulf gues our closing rate at less then 5% but much more consistent.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X