how do i make it legal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do i make it legal

what are the steps in makeing a lawn service business legal in the state of michigan in wayne county ? im lost when it comes to the legal stuff if any can help please and thanks.

what are the steps in makeing a lawn service business legal in the state of michigan in wayne county ? im lost when it comes to the legal stuff if any can help please and thanks.
    http://www.sba.gov/category/navigati...rting-business

Comment

Step One. Decide on a business name
      Step two. Decide on services you are going to offer.
      Step Three. Decide on a price for each service (this will change as time goes by)
      Step Four. and this is the most important step, GO SEE A LAWYER. He is the only person who can tell you exactly what is legal and what is not. Not some guy on a forum.
      Step Five. Get an accountant.
      Step Six. GET TO WORK

Comment

It is all going to change county to county. There are a couple options. 1. Figure it out your self and 2. Ask another local business owner, preferably a lawn care company how they did it.

So where I live in KY, I had to file a Doing Business As with the records department at the courthouse, getting a business license at the Dept of Revenue, and get a peddlers permit to pass out marketing material too. I know that if you are using certain herbicides, pesticides, and fertilizers, you need another license for that. Also, if you are forming a partnership, LLC, or Corp you have to file with State also. That is here, don't know about there. You could also ask a local cop and they should be able to point you in the right direction.

Comment

Here you go.

http://www.waynecounty.com/clerk/assumed_names.htm

This will tell you what you need to do to register your business.

Assumed name form.
          - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
          Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

To be so called "Legit" will take some time. It will be a pyramid domino effect. Get your business name registered with your state first, then get your FEIN from the IRS. Otherwise, you will have to use your real name and social when filling out anything that requires it like licenses and insurance. This way you can keep your personal and business information separate. It will save you a big headache in the future if your business grows or fails.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X