X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cmdlawncare
    started a topic start up advise

start up advise

Starting up in spring what would b the best mower size to get started with 48 or 52 ? Any advise out there thanks , considering exmark product

• acrajchel
    replied
    Exmark and Honda make great commercial push mowers, but they are $400-$800 dollars for a 21". I would consider staying with the 36" or Great Dane used to make a $36" with a bat flap that would fold down to 48" so you could still go through gates. I spent last season pushing, did 6 yards and felt like I never had time to grow my business because each yard took an hour to do. I got a 36" and 48" Bunton set this year and am hoping I can quadruple capacity now and have time to market my business to grow. (Keeping in mind that I work 45 hours elsewhere and am in school too, not just lazy)

Leave a comment:

• Steve
    replied
    So ultimately, you really need to figure out who you are going to be targeting for lawn care, at least your first year. Then make sure the mower you get can be used on such lawns.

Will it fit through gates, between properties, etc etc. Otherwise you might end up with a mower that is just too big or too small for your needs.

Leave a comment:

• CLB454
    replied
    Before you bought that mower, what was the thought process of deciding on that one?

Once you got it, what about that though process changed to make you think you may need another sized mower?
    The whole reason behind this mower was that it actually was part of a package deal. trimmers, blowers, trailer, odds and end stuff.
    So didn't really choose this particular mower it was just part of a good deal.
    As far as the thought process of deciding on other types of mowers. The area I will be working are smaller residential properties so I will be able to push them.

Leave a comment:

• Steve
    replied
    purchased a ZTR 48" when I first started thinking of starting out this year but now that I am at the doorstep of rolling out I don't think I will ever or hardly ever even ride it.
    Before you bought that mower, what was the thought process of deciding on that one?

Once you got it, what about that though process changed to make you think you may need another sized mower?

Leave a comment:

• CLB454
    replied
    Starting up in spring what would b the best mower size to get started with 48 or 52 ? Any advise out there thanks , considering exmark product
    I would guess it would depend on what your going to mow. I purchased a ZTR 48" when I first started thinking of starting out this year but now that I am at the doorstep of rolling out I don't think I will ever or hardly ever even ride it. I started looking at 36" walk behinds but even those maybe too large for most of the properties I am trying to get into. I am now just trying to find a good commercial push and I can use my homeowner push types for back up. If I do get into a large property I can always use my ZTR.

Leave a comment:

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X