Legal Zoom? Anybody???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legal Zoom? Anybody???

Anybody here use Legal Zoom, or anything like it when starting up their business? If so, how did it work out for you? Also, would it be a good idea to purchase all my equipment before I start any of the paperwork and licensing proceedures, or vice versa?

Anybody here use Legal Zoom, or anything like it when starting up their business?
    What would you be needing from legal zoom? Are you starting out with a dba or will you be incorporating from the start?
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

I'll be starting out with an LLC. Someone had metioned that Legal zoom sets everything up for you, and that its possibly cheaper to have it done through them. In Illinois it's $500 to start an LLC. Was just curious if anyone had used anything like it, and if I should bother with it, or just go through the state myself?

Comment

Legal zoom will add up to 200 dollars to the cost of filing the paperwork for an LLC. You can get the paper work from your state, usually on line, fill it out your self-it's easy. Then file it your self. Here in Florida it costs 300 bucks to incorporate, with the certificate returned to you. Legal zoom costs 500 to do the same thing.

Comment

Cheaper isn't always better. Find a good lawyer. Your lawyer will also be able to help you out along the way unrelated to a business license. Mine has done wonders for me.

Comment

Cheaper isn't always better. Find a good lawyer. Your lawyer will also be able to help you out along the way unrelated to a business license. Mine has done wonders for me.
            AGREE!!! Going to a lawyer to set up your business will get you the RIGHT form, Dba, LLC, Inc, etc. It will also set you on the right path to not run afoul of any local ordnances, help you get the right insurance etc. Also once you have a lawyer of record you can call upon him to handle any and all legal problems. Example your getting sued for throwing a rock through some woman's window and broke her 'expensive' lamp.

Comment

AGREE!!! Going to a lawyer to set up your business will get you the RIGHT form, Dba, LLC, Inc, etc. It will also set you on the right path to not run afoul of any local ordnances, help you get the right insurance etc. Also once you have a lawyer of record you can call upon him to handle any and all legal problems. Example your getting sued for throwing a rock through some woman's window and broke her 'expensive' lamp.
              You agree with me????? Have you been drinking early this morning???

Legalzoom is a great site. The cost is decent, and they are fast. BUT I think they are better suited for online companies and others like them.

I looked into Legalzoom, and I priced out a lawyer. The lawyer was a bit more expensive, but has paid off ten fold. The forms were done right, he typed up my Article of Oganization, and has helped me out a lot about pay for employees and current laws. Legalzoom can not do this.

Comment

Thanks for all the info guys! Seems as though a lawyer is the way to go. makes a lot more sense. As for my other question, should I get the ball rolling and file for the LLC, or should I make sure I have all my equipment purchsed before I start any of that? Thanks again, your help is greatly appreciated!

Comment

You can start an LLC whenever you want.

If you are really into following a business plan and these are the steps that are a part of your plan, do it.

I'd venture to guess more members here than not probably didn't get an llc first and then go out and get their equipment. I would think it is more 'let's see if I can get a customer first and then scale it all up.'

But what ever way you want to do it is fine.

Keep us posted on what you decide to do.
                  - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
                  Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

I'm thinking of going with legal zoom. Has anyone else had experience with them?

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X