Need to add curb appeal for quick flip

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to add curb appeal for quick flip

This guy wants to add a little curb appeal, he plans on selling within 6 weeks or so. He does not want to spend a fortune.

He wants to do something under the front window. Can I plant full grown hedges in this time of year?

Then the lawn is half dirt down the side and spotty in the back.

Then he wants to do something with this tree, either remove it or mulch and add something to accent the corner, maybe some color.

If I can come up with solutions that are within a reasonable budget this guy will give me the work. I would really appreciate any feedback or suggestions on this project.

Thanks,

Images are not showing in preview?
    Attached Files

For the front, you could create a mulch bed with some low growth shrubs and flowers. I wouldn't mess with trying to go with large shrubs. Smaller is cheaper and this job sounds like it will be on a tight budget.

For the back, why not mulch around the tree and do something to improve the quality of the lawn. Maybe reseed or sod?

Here are some image ideas.

What are your thoughts on something like this?
    Attached Files
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

For the front, you could create a mulch bed with some low growth shrubs and flowers. I wouldn't mess with trying to go with large shrubs. Smaller is cheaper and this job sounds like it will be on a tight budget.
      This is what the Sales person at the nursery was trying to sell me. Nice job with the photo. It is hard for me to visualize the end result when I'm standing in a sea of shrubbery.

For the back, why not mulch around the tree
      The tree is really close to the fence, and really needs to be shaped up. Maybe if I shape it up a little I could add flowers on either side so it doesn't look so alone, or get the tow strap out and just eliminate the tree.

and do something to improve the quality of the lawn.
      The issue here is that this is a very shaded area, with trees on one side and the house on the other.

The grass stores closed today because of rain so I wasn't able to talk to them. I am definitely leaning toward sod because it is already sprouted. I don't want to seed and wait 2 weeks and see no result.

But what is good for shady areas. Zoysia grass i think is what I read about online that works well in shady areas. I need to get to the sod place but they close if it sprinkles a little. I don't get it.

Comment

steve that picture look really cool! what software did you use to make that with?

Comment

I am definitely leaning toward sod because it is already sprouted. I don't want to seed and wait 2 weeks and see no result.
          I think that would be the way to go, especially if you are looking to quickly flip the house and sell it. You will have fast results by laying down sod.

I'd say visit your local sod supplier and see which grass they suggest for a shady area.

Keep us posted on how all this goes.

what software did you use to make that with?
          Just photoshop. If you take some pictures of a property you want to landscape, then you can look up some landscape ideas on search engines. Find landscapes you like and combine the photos to give you the results you are looking for.

Using images should really help you sell to the customer.
          - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

I got the job!!

I consulted a Landscaper in a neighboring town. We put together a plan with drawing and a bid. So I took all this stuff to the homeowner and gave him the full presentation.

The guy said "this is interesting and I think it would look great, but I don't want to spend that kind of money on landscaping on a house that I am not going to live in." So we walked around the property and talked about it for a bit and cut it down to the essentials. Basically cut it in half.

Remove the tree along the back fence, fill the hole and level the ground. Sod the back only, and put in a row of hedges in the front. But I am OK with that. I would like to showcase my work a little more at this house. But this house is the first house at the entrance of a very affluent neighborhood. I am going to have a sign made up to let people know that I did the work. I have flyered more than half of the neighborhood already and will do the rest this week.

Then when people see my sign, and they will because that is the only way in or out, they will remember the flyer.

I will post pictures when I complete the job.

Thanks for the feed back Steve.

Comment

Congratulations on getting the job.

I look forwards to seeing your pics. Keep track of how long you thought the job was going to take you compared to how long it actually took. It will be fascinating to see the difference in time and how that effects the income per hour.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X