Getting Started Late in the Season!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting Started Late in the Season!!!

Hello. My name is Jared and I just formed a company called Austin's Great Scapes late in the season! I had no choice, but to start this late. I lost my job and was interested in starting something of my own. I know the grass business is drying up fast. What can I do to attract customers now this late in the game? Is it too late? Is there still lots of work that needs to be done in the fall? As I stated earlier, I just lost my job and do not have much money. Please help! I may be on the verge of losing everything if this does not work out!

Where are you located?

Comment

Georgia. Is this a crazy idea?

Comment

Have you lived there for at least a year? If so, what kind of services have you needed on your own property in the fall?

Is there much of a need for leaf cleanup in the area? What about lawn aerations? What else stands out?
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
        Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Georgia. Is this a crazy idea?
          It really all depends....

All states have different laws. Depending on your laws depends on what you can do. Some guys here to a lot of hardscapes over the "winter", while others do tree work. You'd have to check on the laws. Here in MD, we can't do either as I a license for each.

You could offer:

Aerations, Seeding dead patches, slit seeding, fall clean ups, garden tilling...some guys do holiday lighting too. You'd have to do a lot of research and find out what to offer or what you want to offer.

Comment

Leaf clean-up is a great idea due to the fact of there being lots of trees in GA. I would probably lean toward that way. Also possibly cleaning gutters. How do I start if I have little money for blowers and trucks to haul off the leaves ect? Do I start by getting the money from the customers up front so I can rent the truck? Thanks for the response.

Comment

Leaf clean-up is a great idea due to the fact of there being lots of trees in GA. I would probably lean toward that way. Also possibly cleaning gutters. How do I start if I have little money for blowers and trucks to haul off the leaves ect? Do I start by getting the money from the customers up front so I can rent the truck? Thanks for the response.
              Do this tell us what equipment and man power you do have it will allow us to help you more. You may have what you need and don't know it

Comment

Yard clean ups and sod! You can always advertise. Many homeowners don't get plastered with flyers at this time so you may have a lot of people save that and call you spring.

Comment

Hey Jared check out my pics and you can see where I started with just a push mower , weed eater and a push broom and well the back of my SUV I almost have enough money saved up to get me a good trailer I already made enough and purchased me a good backpack blower I have my first day of aerating Saturday this website helped me out ALOT just stick with it and don't let the bad times get you down its almost the end of the season and im picking up MORE customers now then the middle of the season I opened a new business account with another bank on Monday the guy I opened it with said hey can I have some of your cards so I gave him some and come to find out he lives in a sub division where a bunch of doctors live and they have to keep their grass maintained and he told me that his neighbors don't have time to do it and they are always getting in trouble for their grass not being cut so I just may pick up some good work there as well
                  Last edited by huebneroutdoor; 09-26-2013, 12:49 AM.

Comment

Hey Jared, search some past threads on here and also Steve's videos, they are very helpful. This forum is a TOOL and I look at it as such and i frequent very often...a good leaf blower goes a long way for clean-ups, and yes, advertise for gutter cleaning...these are two things that are needed very soon so jump on those quick...get yourself that blower if at all possible but you can always rake too...a lot faster with a blower and well worth the money!

Comment

Sorry you lost your job ,but honestly why not just get another job as it will take some time to build up enough clients to live off of .Not sure how much longer your season will last ,you really could be fighting an uphill battle starting this time of the year .

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X