ideas for a two weeks notice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ideas for a two weeks notice

I currently am working in a factory and trying to manage my lawn & landscape business. It is becoming increasingly harder to do both. I have hated working in the factory since i started a couple years ago. I have learned alot about managing and growing my business over the last couple years and the factory has helped me through some tough financial times, but i feel its time i take the helm and steer my company out of the storm and maximize on its potential. We have grown alot and diversified our service line, but everything is a mess from poor management due to time limitations.
    Now that i have caught you up on my situation i would like your help with my resignation letter. I want them to know that i appreciate the job and the at the same time try to market my company and get the maintenance acct here. Any ideas?

Might want to get through the Winter first, season is about over unless you have plenty of snow plow accounts lined up that pay even if it doesn't snow much.

Just tell them,

As you know my business has been growing and the time has come to give it my full attention.

Being honest has always worked the best for me. They'll let you know if they need your services if you have been a good solid employee for them.
    Don't Keep Replacing Lawn Sprinkler Heads
    Protect them with "Sprinkler Buddy"
    CLICK HERE > http://www.sprinklerbuddy.com

Comment

Hey CD, It sounds like your going about it the right way..leaving on good terms an all. Who does their maintenance now? Another company or do they have their employees do it... Sprinkler Buddy has a good point about plowing accounts, I know where your located & plowing is good up there, I would definitely advertise now if you haven't already for that...as far as your resignation letter, your leaving on good terms so write you resignation based on that and maybe have another letter describing your business and what your services are just like you would for any other account & give it to them at the same time..they know how you work for them so they know you will do good work for your customers too...

Comment

Can you find out who handles the account and how you could get it first? That might be helpful before you resign.
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
        Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

They have a yard guy that works very slow and never gets it all done. They generally pull him to help maintenance in the plant anyway and then get the guy that does there farming to help with the yard.

Comment

Would it be worth while offering to mow the property once for free to see if that helps get their attention. Then offering to charge them for it if they want you to continue providing property maintenance?
            - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

I would wait till spring. Snow plowing may be good but if this is your first year doing it you could risk alot

Comment

I would wait till spring. Snow plowing may be good but if this is your first year doing it you could risk alot
                Greg,you have to start somewhere, sometime, might as well be at the beginning of the season! CD, do you plow now? I guess I just assumed that you did because of where your located, & do you know who does their plowing now?...anyway there is a lot of good money to be made plowing up in this area...it kinda goes hand in hand along with the lawn maintenance in summer...plowing in the winter!

Comment

We started plowing and doing more snow removal last winter, but it was a mess when i wasnt around because you have certain times properties have to be done and if someone shows up late and im at work the customer is not happy. We sell firewood for some extra money too. The lawn at the factory is huge i would hate to gamble on a whole day of work like that.

Comment

the factory is huge i would hate to gamble on a whole day of work like that.
                    If you really want to get their attention, that could do it.

If you try another method, keep us posted on what you find the results to be.

Comment

CD, one thing to consider is that when your done at the factory, you will have a lot more time to be with those guys plowing and you can get your route straight as far being there on time etc...and sounds like the factory is probably a good size plowing account too. With you not working at the factory, and say you got that account for plowing, would you be able to do that one and all your other accounts in one day with you being there? If so, another thing to look at..is there enough places to push the snow to where you don't have to "remove" it in the middle to late season? If you can just plow and not have to worry about having to take it away or move the banks back (unless you have a loader) then it would be a nice commercial account to get if you can. And if you don't have a loader then put that in your bid/contract to where if you have to remove or push banks back that it will be an extra charge for that...I do that with my contracts now and its nice knowing I have someone to do it if needed...Do you have the time to add an extra day with that big of lawn? I have changed my lawn route around and for next year I will be going from a 5-6 day a week to a 4 1/2 day route, and saves me money and gives me time and room for more accounts... maybe you can look and see if you can change you route around to compensate for the extra time needed to fit that huge account into your route...

Comment

Handling the account wont be hard I revamped my route along time ago and we generally only spend 3-4 days to get it all done, sometimes a little longer if we have equip problems and fall behind. The other days we just work on landscaping and other projects.

Comment

Hey CD, just seeing how you are doing with your two weeks? I hope everything went over well...did you put in a bid for plowing or lawn maintenence?

Comment

I out of the factory had to leave a little quicker than expected because there was no one to do the work. I still submitted a two week notice and left on good terms but it costed me alot of money to do so. Hopefully I can get an account with them and make up for it. Been really busy trying to play catch up though.

Comment

When will you find out if you get the account from them?

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X