Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you close clients for annual service

Hi everyone,

I am just starting out (2nd week just about to start) and would like to know how some of you 'close' your customers for annual service.

What is it you offer them (as opposed to just mowing)
    Do you have a set rate that stays the same all year? $50p/m for example.
    How do you approach the customers? Is it door to door sales, or flyer delivery etc.

The suburb I live has 13,500 properties - there are lots more suburbs very close with similar amounts of properties. - Is 1 in 100 properties a good benchmark to aim for?

Also what is in your welcome pack to help secure this business?

Sorry for the 20 questions. I had to hold back I have so many more I could ask right now.

Thanks

Pete

Welcome to our forum!

I am just starting out (2nd week just about to start) and would like to know how some of you 'close' your customers for annual service.
    A lot of newer lawn care business owners don't start using lawn care contracts into the 2nd + year of being in business because they have a lot to learn about pricing and performing the job.

You don't want to lock yourself into an annual contract when you have a potential to underbid the job.

Then the 2nd year on, contracts can be slowly implemented as you are more comfortable with what you are doing.

What is it you offer them (as opposed to just mowing)
    Do you have a set rate that stays the same all year? $50p/m for example.
    You can offer them a monthly fee that is spread out over 12 months so that it is cheaper monthly for them than if they were only paying for 7 months out of the year.

You can also offer one or two free mowings at the end of the season.

How do you approach the customers? Is it door to door sales, or flyer delivery etc.
    Both of those methods are used. You can also market through your social network. On the internet. Or however else you can think of.

The suburb I live has 13,500 properties - there are lots more suburbs very close with similar amounts of properties. - Is 1 in 100 properties a good benchmark to aim for?
    Sure if you can get that from your marketing, 1 response out of 100 flyers, that would be good.

Also what is in your welcome pack to help secure this business?
    Have you seen some welcome pack examples?

Here is a GopherHaul video that discusses new lawn care customer welcoming kits.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KJHsCVsoExM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

There is more to read about welcoming kits here (lawn care welcoming kits) and here (lawn care customer welcoming kits).

Let me know if this helps.
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X