Better a late start then never?!?!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Better a late start then never?!?!

Hey guys I am really pretty new to all this, but I am about to start mowing and such in my free time. I do have a full time job but I get off early afternoon so it leaves a good 5 or so hours of work time. I have some good ideas and would like to go full time next season if not before (wishful thinking). I live in Florida and the grass/weeds/trees grow pretty well into November/December. Any advice I could get would help. I have made a CL ad and am ready to sacrifice some free time in order to make this company a reality. I am absolutely no stranger to hard work and already sacrifice my weekends to this job. Any advice from other Florida boys out there? Thanks a lot guys!

Hey, I am also from Florida and this is my first year being a lco. I just finished a solo 13 yard day with 2 spring cleans also. My advice would be to learn the business and correct pricing, if you don't know pricing then $1 per minute is a good rule of thumb. dont be the lowballer destroying the trade for all of us. Learn the grasses, by names and the correct height each should be cut. Dress professional. This is just scratching the surface, but it's a start. Good luck.

Comment

Welcome to our forum!

I'd say get your ads going and get out there. Experiment, ask questions, and learn!

I look forwards to your updates!
      - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
      Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Thanks for the advice and kind words fellas! "Lowballing" will not be an issue with me! I have done my research and know that it will not only hurt everyone else but myself as well. Like I said I have a full time job and it pays ok with lots of chance for OT so money isn't a HUGE issue, but who couldn't use a little more right?!?! Also if I can charge a bit more that would mean I would have to visit less home thus spending more time on the yards of people who DO want to pay for quality work giving them the best look possible. Right now I will be charging what I think my time is worth to me and its ok if I don't land every account. The $1 per minute "formula" will be a bit hard for me at first due to the tools I will be using, just my personal stuff at first, gathering more as I get clients. I do a few yards now for family and my own at no charge to get experience on multiple yards. The lawns I do get a lot of compliments but it usually takes me an hour or a little more per yard (but they do look awesome if I must say so myself). Thanks again guys and now Im off to scour the internet for info!Have a wonderful day!!!!

Comment

I do a few yards now for family and my own at no charge to get experience on multiple yards.
          You should give them business cards to hand out for you. Also, market to their neighbors and ask all of them to send you referrals.
          - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
          Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X