No announcement yet.

learned costing. prices too low!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been using " Maps Ruler" app. And double checked its accuracy and it seems to be pretty damn close. But I also need to get a wheel because not all homes are on it.

Comment

I was browsing posts and came across this one. I use google maps to find the property. I use the county tax department web site to get information about the property. The owners name, mailing address, property address, size of the lot, size of any structures, area covered by patios, decks, pools etc, and a good photo of the property. Then I go out and give an estimate, already armed with a lot of information. Makes finding the property, and bidding much easier. It is amazing how many 'just over a half acre' yards are really 1 to 1.25 acres

Comment

Quote by Sq Ft

So how do you quote by sq ft? What is your multiplier?

Comment

Well it's called experience. I know how long it takes to mow a yard by looking at it. If there is a lot of 'extra' trimming or edging, I bump up the estimate. Corner lots, and fencing, and ponds raise the rate. Just did an estimate for 1 acre bi weekly. It takes me 40 minutes to mow and about 15 minutes to trim a yard that size. So I estimated 1 hr. He loved it, said that he takes about 1.5 to 2 hours with his lawn tractor. I would have gone higher but no fence trimming, No driveway, No sidewalk, I do another yard very similar for similar price. That is where experience comes in. You just have to do your best on estimating until you get some experience under your belt. Good luck

Comment

I use google maps to find the property. I use the county tax department web site to get information about the property.
            What got you initially to start doing this? Is this something you do only after you are called for an estimate or do you do this before you create a bunch of marketing material that you send out to property owners in your area?
            - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
            Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X