Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you guys think it is to late to start up this year??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know where you are, but with a wet season like this is turning out to be, you're better off doing projects (hedges, gardens, etc) rather than grass...

When I get some time, I'll be going door-to-door with my hedge trimmers and trying to sell clients the service. I think it's raining ALL next week, so this is something that could boost my income for this month. (I'm pre-paid for all my lawn work for the season, it's how I roll dawg).

Don't stop at just lawn maintenance, but also, don't fully book yourself with lawns either - you need at least one full day off to take care of loose ends and odd jobs.

Comment

I don't know where you are, but with a wet season like this is turning out to be, you're better off doing projects (hedges, gardens, etc) rather than grass...

When I get some time, I'll be going door-to-door with my hedge trimmers and trying to sell clients the service. I think it's raining ALL next week, so this is something that could boost my income for this month. (I'm pre-paid for all my lawn work for the season, it's how I roll dawg).

Don't stop at just lawn maintenance, but also, don't fully book yourself with lawns either - you need at least one full day off to take care of loose ends and odd jobs.
      I am in Missouri and I'll take any clients are jobs I can get I am just starting out next week

Comment

Your mower seems heavy. My commercial hondas might weigh 90lbs. I lift these in and out of a truck for small yards.

You can get a little hitch cargo carrier. It worked for hedgemaster.

Comment

Your mower seems heavy. My commercial hondas might weigh 90lbs. I lift these in and out of a truck for small yards.

You can get a little hitch cargo carrier. It worked for hedgemaster.
          I already bought the ramps thanks though

Comment

Do It ...do It Now!

Hey Lawnboy...
            You Say 5 Months Left...
            Well Consider How Much You Can Make In 5 Months And Tell Me Is It Too Late...

I Start Promoting Early And Usually Dont Get Out There Cutting Till May... I Am In Canada

But Figure This
            If You Had 10 Customers At 50 A Cut
            That Is $500 A Day Even Every 2 Weeks That Is $1000 A Month
            And $5000 For The Season...now What If You Do Well And Set Up 50 Customers... That Works Out To Grossing $50,000 In 5 Months

So Again Ask Yourself Is It To Late To Make This Kind Of Money?

Give Yourself A Slamp And Get Out There!!!

Comment

The season passes by faster than you could ever imagine. You can still do a good job of getting work, but if there's one thing I would have liked to have tried, would be to start offering hedge trimming before even thinking of getting into lawn maintenance.

If I could get rid of all my lawn clients, that's what I'd try to do. It's hard to find time for other work right now, and that's where the big bucks are.
              How much would you charge for trimming hedges? How do you estimate the price on those?

Thanks

Comment

I have found that the easiest way to estimate trimming is by the hour regardless of how many hedges there are and with a minimum of one hour....

My rate is $45.00 an hour.............

Comment

I have found that the easiest way to estimate trimming is by the hour regardless of how many hedges there are and with a minimum of one hour....

My rate is $45.00 an hour.............
                  I agree with doug here, I quote trimming by how long I think it will take me, then add maybe an extra hour or two as a buffer. I also charge $45 an hour.
                  sigpic
                  Carlisle Lawn Care

Comment

Thanks guys! sounds good to me.

Comment

I handed out about 50 door hangars today and made a craigslist ad let's see if I get my first customer? I got a call from a guy today from ad but he lived over half hour away wouldn't even be worth to do it. I have over 900 hangars left over I just don't want to hand them all out at once I paid over $200 for them. I think I'm going to do 50 a day until I start getting customers.

Comment

I have ramps but I also have a wheel chair ramp I bought on amazon and man its nice. It has a bifold ramp that also folds up and out of the way so you can load and unload in no time flat. The ramps works to so it just depends what I am doing. Here is a link to it. I use a com. Honda
                        http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X