Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you guys think it is to late to start up this year??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you guys think it is to late to start up this year??

Do you guys think it is to late to start up this year? Should I just wait until next spring? was talking to a guy on here and he was telling me it is to late??? There is still at least 5-6 months left to cut grass? I live I. Missouri. I plan on offering mowing, trimming, and blowing, mulching, spring and fall cleanups, leaf removal, gutter cleaning, brush removal, hauling, bed edging, deweeding, small tree and brush trimming. Snow removal. For now until I learn more stuff. I bought a bunch business cards flyers and door hangars plan making ads on craiglist. All I can think of for now. I don't have any one lined up yet I'm just starting up. But I have all basic equipment to do everything. You have to start from somewhere right?

Why would it be too late? Every day you wait you're possibly missing a customer for this or next season.

Comment

Start now and your off to a better start for next Spring. It's never to late in the growing season.
      Don't Keep Replacing Lawn Sprinkler Heads
      Protect them with "Sprinkler Buddy"
      CLICK HERE > http://www.sprinklerbuddy.com

Comment

START NOW! I started a week ago tomorrow, from scratch and today I have 8 customers requiring weekly service.
        Good luck!

Comment

I am going to! I just hope passing out all the door hangars and bisiness cards gets me some customers. I only have a commercial snapper 21" mower a commercial fs 90 sthil trimmer. A cheap blower lol poulan pro. And all the basic landscaping tools. I'm not gona go buy fancy new mowers n trailer until I have clients I don't care if people look at me like I'm stupid using truck ramps pull my push mower out it works. You gotta start somewhere most suburbs in my area are pretty average size. At least that's what I am going to go for at least for now. You guys have any tips are advice for me

Comment

Yeah. "or" is not spelled "are".

Comment

Yeah. "or" is not spelled "are".

Omg!! Really what is this an essay? Is that -5 points for grammer? Its my stupid phone doing auto correct plus I am trying to type on a 2 in phone screen. YOU!! Obviously knew what I meant since you had a desire to waste a minute out of your life to correct me. Haha

Comment

The season passes by faster than you could ever imagine. You can still do a good job of getting work, but if there's one thing I would have liked to have tried, would be to start offering hedge trimming before even thinking of getting into lawn maintenance.

If I could get rid of all my lawn clients, that's what I'd try to do. It's hard to find time for other work right now, and that's where the big bucks are.

Comment

never to late

im just starting up yesterday working on my first estimate as we speak

Comment

If I could get rid of all my lawn clients, that's what I'd try to do. It's hard to find time for other work right now, and that's where the big bucks are.
                    Mowing is nothing but steady income. Its the lowest paying service I offer and has the highest expenses.

I see all kinds of guys with mowers in the back of the trucks. I see push, riders, walk behinds, you name it. Some are pretty busy too.

I had a walkbehind in the back for about 5 months. The whole taking ramps in and out is a pita. Eventually youll have a slip that will make you regret it.

I dont get why you need ramps for a push mower. You must be a real weak guy. You dont have to be a toughman to do this but you should be able to lift 60lbs a dozen times.

Comment

Omg!! Really what is this an essay?
                      Ya, like OMG Hedge. Duh. BTW, IMHO, you may have just made this the TFH. You gave TMI to lawnboy47, and now he is not RTM or RBTL.

Comment

Lets see-too late to start. Col Sanders was 67 when he started KFC. Was that too late to start a business? Some would and did call him crazy!
                        It is only too late to start something when you wait until the day after you die to take that first step.

Comment

I am going to! I just hope passing out all the door hangars and bisiness cards gets me some customers. I only have a commercial snapper 21" mower a commercial fs 90 sthil trimmer. A cheap blower lol poulan pro. And all the basic landscaping tools. I'm not gona go buy fancy new mowers n trailer until I have clients I don't care if people look at me like I'm stupid using truck ramps pull my push mower out it works. You gotta start somewhere most suburbs in my area are pretty average size. At least that's what I am going to go for at least for now. You guys have any tips are advice for me

You have everything I have and like I said, I have 8 customers already and a mulch job on Monday that will be $200 profit.
                          I went knocking door to door. You'll be fine.

Comment

Omg!! Really what is this an essay? Is that -5 points for grammer? Its my stupid phone doing auto correct plus I am trying to type on a 2 in phone screen. YOU!! Obviously knew what I meant since you had a desire to waste a minute out of your life to correct me. Haha
                            grammar*

Comment

Mowing is nothing but steady income. Its the lowest paying service I offer and has the highest expenses.

I see all kinds of guys with mowers in the back of the trucks. I see push, riders, walk behinds, you name it. Some are pretty busy too.

I had a walkbehind in the back for about 5 months. The whole taking ramps in and out is a pita. Eventually youll have a slip that will make you regret it.

I dont get why you need ramps for a push mower. You must be a real weak guy. You dont have to be a toughman to do this but you should be able to lift 60lbs a dozen times.
                              My truck is lifted off the ground about 4ft and I have a commercial push mower not a consumer it prolly weighs 120lbs have no problem getting it out getting it back in is the problem

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X