Teenager wanting to mow lawns

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teenager wanting to mow lawns

I am a high-schooler looking to make some extra cash and I want to mow lawns in my neighborhood but can't set up a contract or a weekly schedule due to the question that I may be out of town and I can't really have someone cover for me when I'm gone. I need some way top communicate that in the flyer without seeming like I'd be unreliable because most people already have a lawn service that comes weekly. I would be willing to make my prices cheaper than a real lawn service to draw in customers. How should I go about doing this?

Put a base price, like 20.00 or whatever is suitable for your size yards in your immediate location. If you plan on going legit, mention so, if not don't mention it.

Catch phrase, some special offer, Call now Call now Call now, Have you number in at least two places with gooooood visibility, make bold statements of quality and reliablility of your work.

But be honest make a little bio about yourself and that you're hungery for work and will show up! That will sucker in lots of people who would LOVE to toss an ambitious young person plenty of cash.

You need a trimmer and blower, those are necessities.

Good luck!

Edit:

Never mind I re-read your post, you can't be reliable, LOL. Do you have a brother or uncle or something that can cover for you?

Comment

If your leaving town and not mowing when they want...you wouldn't be reliable at all. I think the best thing for you todo is pick up a part time job. It's easier and less stress.

Comment

I am a high-schooler looking to make some extra cash and I want to mow lawns in my neighborhood but can't set up a contract or a weekly schedule due to the question that I may be out of town and I can't really have someone cover for me when I'm gone. I need some way top communicate that in the flyer without seeming like I'd be unreliable because most people already have a lawn service that comes weekly. I would be willing to make my prices cheaper than a real lawn service to draw in customers. How should I go about doing this?
        im 19 and am in the process of building my business. and i understand that its deff hard to work when your this age because of all the activities going on in your daily life. but the best thing to do might to..... when you make a contract saying your going to be some where week or what ever. make sure you say that you might need to rearange some of the day but dont consistantly keep changing what days you go. and if anything the one day you can work try and go to the job site for a little while at least get some work done to show you are willing to keep your operation going, but then leave a message. call, text email. them saying you will be back in the next couple day. but doing that you may have to change there price that week because you werent there the sechuduled time. so to make them feel comfortable you have to make them happy to pay you a little less that week. then when you go back be sure to bust your *** and do the best you can every other time. hope this makes sence and helps a little.

Comment

Put yourself in a clients shoes.

The most they'd be willing to do, is pay per cut. Make sure to add "Lawns under 4" only" so you don't get screwed.

Comment

I want to mow lawns in my neighborhood but can't set up a contract or a weekly schedule due to the question that I may be out of town and I can't really have someone cover for me when I'm gone.
            Do you have any idea when you would be able to mow? Would you have your weekends free?

What kind of scheduling are you thinking you would be able to work with?
            - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
            Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Why?

Why not just find the local Lawn guy and instead of screwing up his clients and making some of your new one mad, just find them and ask them for a part time job.

That way you don't need to drop $$ on equipment, deal with liability, screw up someone's lawn and someone else's livelihood.

I applaud your willingness, but the method could be adjusted.

Just my thoughts,

John

Comment

dont under price your services either ,if the pro's are $40.00 you should not be more than a few dollars less .

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X