ethics

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ethics

How does everyone feel about someone asking a home owner if they are happy with their lawn care?

No need to ask, they will let you know if they aren't and many will always tell you what a great job you do.

That has been my experience anyhow.
    Don't Keep Replacing Lawn Sprinkler Heads
    Protect them with "Sprinkler Buddy"
    CLICK HERE > http://www.sprinklerbuddy.com

Comment

If your talking about asking someone that isn't a customer of yours, I would say it's a low thing to ask, to try and pick up new accounts from others.

Many do this but I wouldn't.
      Don't Keep Replacing Lawn Sprinkler Heads
      Protect them with "Sprinkler Buddy"
      CLICK HERE > http://www.sprinklerbuddy.com

Comment

If it were next door to an existing client and the lawn looks like crap as a RESULT of poor service by another company, I don't know that it's unethical to discuss it with them.

The hacks may not like it much, but maybe if they did their job properly, they wouldn't have to worry about losing work.

If the lawn looks nice, I wouldn't even consider asking them.

Most times, if you do consistently good work, people notice. They will seek you out.

I have a client I've been cutting for going on three years now. His neighbor approached me last week asking about my workload and general "lawn stuff".
        Turns out his guy has been slipping - coming 2, 3, 4 days late.
        "I think he has himself spread too thin and can't keep up", he said to me.
        "You're here every Thursday at the same time and that lawn has never been better cared for", he continued.
        "Why don't you take a look at my yard whe you're finished over there and let me know what you'd charge in case my guy doesn't get more reliable."

Comment

Thanks guys. I was just curious either way. I havnt done that to anyone and havnt had it done to me.

Comment

I think a lot of it might depend on how it was done. What did you have in mind? How would you work that into a conversation? Would that be an opening line if you went door to door or would that be a question you asked if called to a house for a quote?
            - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
            Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

What I was planning was a door to door and give out my card I guess. But I think I will do it and just skip the ones I know someone is doing. If I pick up a couple around them and get calls from someone "shopping around" I would just give my price and let them decide without bad mouthing someones job. My work and price will speak for itself. Its the whole do on to others thing. Im ok with that.

Comment

If you do a crappy job I guess you deserve to be pitched out by another lawn guy. Personally I've never did that- soliciting door to door. Like Hedgemaster said,"if you do consistently good work, people notice. They will seek you out.", and also tell their friends.

I have had many clients for going on 20 years now. Many say, "I don't worry about the lawn. You always have it looking nice."

When I lose a client they either die, and the house sold, or go to nursing home and the house is sold. Always when this happens the family calls to tell me to continue lawn care till the property sells.

**-any way, sorry for tooting my horn**-

Comment

Nice marty! That is what im striving for. Im just new and learning is all.

Comment

What I was planning was a door to door and give out my card I guess. But I think I will do it and just skip the ones I know someone is doing.
                    If you are going door to door, you might as well hand something to everyone. You never know when you are going to miss an opportunity by skipping this house or that one. You also can't really ever know who is maintaining a lawn unless there is a lawn sign on the yard.
                    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
                    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X