Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Beginner here starting up lawn care from scratch no exp.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest started a topic New Beginner here starting up lawn care from scratch no exp.

New Beginner here starting up lawn care from scratch no exp.

I am starting up my own business in lawn care. Due to I am tired of working long hours for the "man". I want to start my own business. So I am thinking this is best route for me to take. I have no experience. Would like some help. I plan on buying a ride behind mower and a blower. I already have a push mower and a weed eater. Having 500 business cards made up and 1000 door hangers from a site I found on Google plus 2 magnetic signs for my truck. This is the website. http://www.doorhangersetc.com/Guempels_Large.jpg I's this a good start for now? I am located st Louis mo. Also when and if I do land any customers. Having trouble figuring out what to charger per lawn. I'm thinking $20-$50 per lawn which would include. Grass cutting, trimming, edging, and blowing. When should I ask for payment? Should I ask up front are after job is completed any help be much appreciated.
    Attached Files

• Steve
    replied
    I can't even use those online calculator's. It won't let me I type in numbers and it doesn't even do anything?
    Are you trying it on a computer? I'd say try that first and see if you can enter numbers. If you are using a cell phone, there are lawn care calculators for android.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Nice door hanger!

I see on your door hanger that you will be offering customized fertilization programs. If you are completely new to this industry you need to be very aware of the legal problems you will incounter if you are not licensed to put down fertilizer. Also, just wondering you state you are fully licensed what would this be in?
    That is not the right door hanger it won't let me download my attachment of my door hanger from my cell phone on this website I am in Missouri. N I will not do fertilizing don't know anything about it I can't even use those online calculator's. It won't let me I type in numbers and it doesn't even do anything?
    Last edited by LawnCareProfessional; 05-17-2013, 09:23 AM.

Leave a comment:

• figtree
    replied
    it will not let me put attachments from my cell phone for some reason. I just bought $1,000 door hangars. Waiting for them in mail. I'm plan on offering mowing,trimming,edging, blowing for at least $30 a yard min. I also going to do leaf removals , spring and fall cleanup, gutter cleanings, brush removal, snow removal, hauling, small tree brush trimming, mulching. Never done Any of it but can't be that hard. I just have no idea what to charge. I think I'm gonna charge $60 an hour. But I dunno what do you guys charge. Don't really understand how use those calculators I'm going to be doing it all myself.
    Nice door hanger!

I see on your door hanger that you will be offering customized fertilization programs. If you are completely new to this industry you need to be very aware of the legal problems you will incounter if you are not licensed to put down fertilizer. Also, just wondering you state you are fully licensed what would this be in?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    it will not let me put attachments from my cell phone for some reason. I just bought $1,000 door hangars. Waiting for them in mail. I'm plan on offering mowing,trimming,edging, blowing for at least $30 a yard min. I also going to do leaf removals , spring and fall cleanup, gutter cleanings, brush removal, snow removal, hauling, small tree brush trimming, mulching. Never done Any of it but can't be that hard. I just have no idea what to charge. I think I'm gonna charge $60 an hour. But I dunno what do you guys charge. Don't really understand how use those calculators I'm going to be doing it all myself.

Leave a comment:

• Steve
    replied
    How do I secure my equipment down on the trailer so its not bouncing around while I drive
    Can you get some tie down straps?

There are also other devices like these

http://www.amleo.com/Fastrap-Wheel-C...sport/p/WC001/

I don't know anything about that mower. If it runs good, is not leaking, a 36" could be helpful.

Leave a comment:

• Jayls
    replied
    I'm a newbe to the game myself but what I do when it comes to payment is bring an invoice that I make in quick books and hand it to the clients when I finish the job. They all hand me a check for.the amount right then and there.if they're not home when the service is done, I'll drop it in their mail box and collect the check next time out. So far though I've received every payment the day of service. I also have a Square credit card reader in case the want to charge the payment, I haven't came across that situation yet.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I am buying a 36 inwalk behind kuhler command pro 13 as my first mower with 500 hours on it. For $900 is that a good deal? Is this a good first mower? How hard are they to use/get use to? I am also buying a 12' 6' ramp gate trailer. For $900. How do I secure my equipment down on the trailer so its not bouncing around while I drive. Very new to all this. I don't wana use bungee cords wouldnt be safe plus take to long at job site to keep strapping and unstraping. Is there some kind of kit I can buy??

Leave a comment:

• Steve
    replied
    Welcome to our forum!

Your door hanger looks fine. Get your business cards out to everyone you know. Getting hired by people you know is a lot easier than getting hired you don't.

As far as payment goes, the faster you can get paid the better. If you can get paid before the job, that is fantastic. Feel it out and see what works best for you.

Try playing around with some of these free online lawn care estimator calculators.

They should be able to help you get a feel for the amount of time and price you should be charging.

If you have more questions, let us know.

Leave a comment:

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X