No announcement yet.

Northeast Guys

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now I have two guys going door to door with 10,000 more cause I don't have the time to do it.
    How do you keep track that they are actually doing this?
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

How do you keep track that they are actually doing this?
      well i just hired another kid and he seems to be doing fine. but for the last month I've been supervising the one kid i've had helping me while he passes them out. he works in 4 hour shifts and every two hours I drive around a few streets and make sure he is doing them. i make sure he is passing them out in areas I'm already working, so half way through after finishing a job, I would just roll up and down about 4-6 streets and just make sure. same thing when he is about to be done. i drive up and down the section i know he is finishing up in before i pick him up.

also, i only give him half at first so he knows I'll be meeting with him in a couple hours to give more hangers. it gives the sense that I could roll around the corner at any moment. also, i've been dropping him off, so he doesn't have a car to go chill out in. he has done door to door soliciting before and is passing out roughly 100 per hour. from past experience with other kids i've used, this is good. i've also told him I would give him commission on any work received so I know this has enticed him to move quicker. i also started him off with $8 an hour and told him I would bump him up to $10 if he did good. he has done good and I rewarded him with it. i try to make my employees earn the right to earn more money. i feel it definitely makes them want to push for it. if they do good, i take care of them. he recognizes that by this point and now I feel like I can trust him now. however, i still check up on hm though just to make sure he don't slack off.. no problems so far
      Last edited by greenscaper123; 04-02-2013, 05:19 PM.

Comment

snow on the ground

Here in mn we still have snow on the ground. And big snow piles.

Comment

Yea I did 10,000 direct mailing in late feb and just completed 5,000 door to door all throughout march. Now I have two guys going door to door with 10,000 more cause I don't have the time to do it. My plan is to hit all the other direct mailings I did a second time in April. I would do direct mailing again if it wasn't so damn expensive.

Have you checked into EDDM? It's super cheap for direct mail:

https://eddm.usps.com/eddm/customer/routeSearch.action

Comment

Here in mn we still have snow on the ground. And big snow piles.
            got about 1 1/2 ft on the level here in U.P. of Mich. too! I plowed yesterday we got 4in but on a good note its going to warm up good this week & the next there saying...gettin tired of snow!!!!!

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X