Christmas Lights

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christmas Light Install For 2014

I would suggest driving around to see light displays the next two weeks, make note of the display and address. This will give you a great idea on what to charge, how the customer wants to decorate, and more importantly a address and contact information for marketing in 2014.... Just saying to keep eyes and mind open, tomorrow will come with you or without you my friends

Comment

That is a great idea. With that scouting out of homes who decorate their houses, should they be marketed to differently next year? Should they be marketed to more so than their neighbors that don't decorate?
      - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
      Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Marketing Christmas Lighting in 2014

Steve, I am not in this business, nor do I want to be at this time but if I were...I would drive around and note and take pictures of the lighting displays that were impressive. I would review these images and estimate my time and material cost to duplicate the display(s). I would then go back after the lights were removed and take the same picture. I would put together a before and after flyer and a quote of several of these homes. Even though I did not install the display, I can imply that I did with the flyer. Just a thought.

Comment

I think that is a brilliant idea that should be experimented with.
          - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

Brilliant Ideas

Brilliant ideas are only ideas until they are acted upon, my friend. I love the blog.

Comment

Steve I started a second company this year "Ducke's Seasonal Decor"
              I put the whole thing together in less then a week when the Christmas Decor franchise closed its doors in the middle of Nov I signed up 9 customers one of which has 6 Tim Horton coffee shops.(like Dunkin Donuts)
              I reacted quickly and got the jewel (the coffee shops ) which should open the door to more of the same. (PS: I also got asked to quote his lawn care for the coffee shops) I am going to go after the commercial Christmas Lighting as the home market here is over worked and low balled so much. I have licensed the company certified my fall protection and bought the proper gear, I upped my insurance to cover ladders and fall protection and lined up a wholesale supplier for the lighting and decor accessories.
              I hope to increase my customer base by 10 more to give me 20 for next year and may even expand on Halloween, valentines birthdays, wedding etc.
              Attached Files

Comment

I signed up 9 customers one of which has 6 Tim Horton coffee shops.
                That is great news! I would figure with foot traffic those stores get, you could get a lot more customers if you can market to them. Is there anyway you can promote that you created the outdoor lighting display? Can you put up a sign or have a business card display available?

Comment

I am going to go with the window sign and card display at the stores next season. I only just got my business cards today lol it all just flew together this year. I got a call on Friday morning and made a call on Friday afternoon and was putting lights up on Wednesday so I really didn't,have time for the set up. But I got my business license on the wall now and company tax # so I am now set for the 2014 season.

Comment

That will be fantastic! I do wonder how marketing like that with your sign and cards would even help get you more lawn care customers for the spring. It might work wonders!

Comment

well it all ready has . The guy with the coffee shops has already asked me to quote him for his shop mantenance and one other home owner has asked me to quote their lawn

Comment

It is amazing what a little networking can do for you! Nice job!

Comment

Working...
                        X