No announcement yet.

Low ball alternative

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

takes them 20 mins with push mowers (one in the front and one in the back). I was told they charge $30.
    so $30 for 40 mins. of work plus drive time (10 mins times 2 men) that's 20 mins. so their are making $30 a man hour.

Comment

Iam in Anne Arundel County. Glen Burnie to be exact. Most lawns around here are small. I seen a few lawns done in less than 15 mins. One guy with a zero turn walk behind and the other guy trimming. Quick blow off and they are done and out. I was told they charged $45. Same size lawn down the street with 2 different guys different company takes them 20 mins with push mowers (one in the front and one in the back). I was told they charge $30. The $30 guys do a better job in my opinion. My neighbor had his lawn done a few times when he was sick. 2 years ago I use to mow another neighbor's lawn for $20. It would take me 30 minutes or so depending on how high the grass was. He would always push the 2 week mark to save money if he could.
      You've got it made in Glen Burnie. I was just out there yesterday buying more fish for my tank at House Of Tropicals. I'm in Bowie. Your lucky because you don't have the DC traffic, which makes things pretty hard here.

Usually you want to get $1 a minute, I estimate how long it takes me to get it done using a push mower, not bagging. This way, when I show up with the ztr, I can get max profit out of it and get more lawns done. Theres a lot more reasons, but I'm hungry and don't feel like typing more.

Everyone has their own price, set an hourly rate and stick with it. Most people in our area stick with $50 to $60 an hour.

Comment

Everyone has their own price, set an hourly rate and stick with it. Most people in our area stick with $50 to $60 an hour.
        Thanks LawnBoy0311. $1 a minute is a good base price. Your post gave me what I have been looking for. I understand now what you mean by your base rate.

You are from Bowie, I lived in Bowie for 20 years since I was born. Iam 45 years old now. I remember the good old days when the neighborhood kid like me cut the grass for $5. Those days are over.

Thanks for all your insight, its been very helpful.

Comment

No problem at all! I just moved here a few years ago, but looking to move out. Lots of changes here in the last few years! Good luck, let me know if you need anything else.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X