No announcement yet.

New lawn care business

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll call them in a week to see whats up if I don't hear anything back from them, just to keep in touch with them.

I hope I impressed them, I really tried, I bet the other companies didn't go through what I did for just an estimate, I hope even if i'm not the lowest price they still choose me.
    sigpic
    Carlisle Lawn Care

Comment

So I never really got an answer to my question, should I call them in a couple days or should I wait a week or more, or should I not bother calling at all?
      sigpic
      Carlisle Lawn Care

Comment

i never do but thats just me

Comment

Well, this being my first real bid I want to try at all costs to get it, but I don't want to sound desperate, but if I don't hear anything in a week or two, i want to know whats up.
          sigpic
          Carlisle Lawn Care

Comment

Does anyone remember the thread about a guy inventing a leaf collector that would mulch and bag it for you, I can't seem to find his thread. I wanted to share this with him.

http://www.mnn.com/your-home/at-home...eafy-and-green
            sigpic
            Carlisle Lawn Care

Comment

Has anyone here tried advertising through radio? My family owns eight stations and I get free advertising. Will that fill me up with 20 accounts within a month?

Comment

If your family owns 8 radio stations..Why r u mowing grass

Comment

If your family owns 8 radio stations..Why r u mowing grass
                  Better question is, if it's free why question it, just do it and see if it works.
                  sigpic
                  Carlisle Lawn Care

Comment

They give me everything I need but things like golf clubs, spending money, etc. I have to get on my own. And it's a group of eight stations throughout my whole family, my immediate family only owns 1 1/2 stations. I want money so when I go to college I can afford not to eat Mac and cheese and ramen noodles everyday.

Comment

Has anyone here tried advertising through radio? My family owns eight stations and I get free advertising. Will that fill me up with 20 accounts within a month?
                      TV and Radio both probably work good. Since most dont know what it cost or even who to contact to pull it off. We dont know much about it.

Now what would they normally charge? How many times a day? What time of day? What genre is the radio station?

Comment

Being a one man operation, and right now only doing this part time what services could I handle doing. I offer mowing, hedge trimming, mulching, flower planting and grass seeding, fall, spring and storm cleanups and weeding.

I know I could handle most of them on my own, but weeding and mulching concern me. If its a house with just normal beds around it that's only about 4 yards at most of mulch, I could handle that, but what if someone wants a job done thats like 10 yards or more of mulch, that is a lot of mulch to move by one person.

Should I just turn these down, or find some quick help to get it done, or even sub it out to someone else?
                        sigpic
                        Carlisle Lawn Care

Comment

I would advertise on all eight and they cover almost every category, including oldies, soft hits, hot country, talk, etc. I would get them for free so it's a nobrainer but want I know what kind of response I'll get. Also, should I start advertising this summer in order to catch all the lake cabin owners before they winterize their cabins even though I'm not starting my business till next summer?

Comment

Being a one man operation, and right now only doing this part time what services could I handle doing. I offer mowing, hedge trimming, mulching, flower planting and grass seeding, fall, spring and storm cleanups and weeding.

I know I could handle most of them on my own, but weeding and mulching concern me. If its a house with just normal beds around it that's only about 4 yards at most of mulch, I could handle that, but what if someone wants a job done thats like 10 yards or more of mulch, that is a lot of mulch to move by one person.

Should I just turn these down, or find some quick help to get it done, or even sub it out to someone else?
                            Call me...I will help you out with the big stuff so we both can make a few bucks...

Comment

Call me...I will help you out with the big stuff so we both can make a few bucks...
                              Will do, thanks!
                              sigpic
                              Carlisle Lawn Care

Comment

Received a call today for hedge trimming and mulching! (hedgemaster, I could use some pointers from your specialty)

The way she described it, it should be a pretty easy straight forward job, she has a row of hedges on one side of her property line and wants them trimmed then mulch put under them. Should only be 1 yard of mulch.
                                sigpic
                                Carlisle Lawn Care

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X