No announcement yet.

New lawn care business

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haha, cheese you crack me up, but you offer some very valuable insight.

I just through that website together with intuit, I haven't worked on it since then, nor do I have the time right now to do it. Any suggestions would be great.

I learned some css back in high school, but my god that was so long ago.
    sigpic
    Carlisle Lawn Care

Comment

This video is perfect, once you watch it, you'll know everything there is to know.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/GwQMnpUsj8I?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

To learn even more, go to www.w3schools.com.

-

Good luck my friend!

Comment

Thanks cheese I'll watch it when I get home.
        sigpic
        Carlisle Lawn Care

Comment

Received my first request for an estimate today, i'm excited!

He is a customer of my parents business so hopefully that adds some credibility to help me land the job!
          sigpic
          Carlisle Lawn Care

Comment

Received my first request for an estimate today, i'm excited!

He is a customer of my parents business so hopefully that adds some credibility to help me land the job!

That's awesome man! Wishing you all the best!

Keep us updated!

Comment

I looked on google earth, and it looks to be about a 4 acre property, this is going to be a tough one.
              sigpic
              Carlisle Lawn Care

Comment

So tomorrow i'm going to give an estimate on my first property. The guy said he already had 2 estimates from other companies, so I have some competition. Could you guys give me some advice so I can do my best, and hopefully get the job.
                sigpic
                Carlisle Lawn Care

Comment

Let us know how the property looks and how much time you are thinking it will take.
                  - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
                  Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Should I give him the price when I'm there, or should I evaluate the property and then call later and give him a price. I have a pretty good understanding of the property from google earth and other aerial views. Now I'm not going to be able to tell for 100% until I get there because a lot of it is wooded, so there may be alot more or there may be a lot less.

I bought a nice gray polo shirt to wear. I'm going to wear that and blue jeans, i'm taking my trailer along to show I have the equipment needed, and I'm taking a small booklet with an overview map, sample contracts, estimate sheet and maybe some other good information.
                    sigpic
                    Carlisle Lawn Care

Comment

I'd say strike while the iron is hot. See if you can get him to say yes on the spot and if you can, get started mowing it right after. The more time the home owner has to mull it over, the lower your chances are for success.

Keep us posted.
                      - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
                      Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

I dressed nice and took my trailer along. I talked to them for quite a while, and they drove me around on their gator. It is about a 4 acre mowing area, not to much trimming to be done, but I will need to do a little push mowing. They said about doing it every 10 days and I explained why I would rather go with every 7. I gave them a $200 quote for weekly cut and a $240 quote for every 10 days.

I didn't get a yes or no answer, they have a kid mowing it until school starts, I plan on calling in a week to see what they say. I really hope I get it, and i really hope they go with weekly since it would only be $60 more a month.

Or should I call maybe saturday or sunday?
                        sigpic
                        Carlisle Lawn Care

Comment

I tried a ten day schedule with ONE client last season.

I'll never do it again.

Comment

This all goes back to why weeklies are the way to go. I have some bi weekly accounts. They drive me crazy. They take way longer to make them look good. One of them is huge too and the grass grows like crazy. I dont bag and I have to do a couple passes sometimes on the heavy stuff to keep it from looking like sh!t. Next year Im going to change some things. Bi weeklies being one of them. Im upping my price quite a bit on them. The gas and extra time they take is very frustrating. Plus they can be a scheduling problem(rain dates,etc.)

Comment

Yeah, I really want this job, but I really don't want to do a 10 day schedule. I'm going to try hard as hell to sell them on a weekly schedule, I mean for 60 bucks more a month and you get another mowing why not? I would defiantly go for that.

Should I call him in a week or a couple days to see how its going?
                              sigpic
                              Carlisle Lawn Care

Comment

defiantly

HHMMMM,

Best not to be too defiant with new customers!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X