No announcement yet.

Another start up thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This past weekend, i noticed if i push both bars forward all the way, i would go to the left and not straight. seems one tire is moving faster than the other. how do i adjust this?
    This is likely a Hydro Adjustment you have to adjust the linkages going to the hydro to get it back in line.

also... i hit some hire and hasn't sounded right since. nothing crazy, continued to mow but defiantly think someone is off balance or something near the blades.
    Sounds like the spindle bearings on one of your spindles.
    I am the owner of www.AllOutdoorParts.com an online mower parts distributor. I am also a Briggs Master Service Technician and Expert Certified Mechanic for Kohler. If my posts helps you please like my facebook page at www.facebook.com/alloutdoorparts

Comment

#19?

http://www.dixiechopperpartsdistribu...60010/03060023

and where do i adjust linkages?

Comment

#19?

http://www.dixiechopperpartsdistribu...60010/03060023

and where do i adjust linkages?
        you will have a linkage between the control arm and the pump. and yes that should be the bearing that is bad. But I would check on it yourself it is hard to troubleshoot a mower online.
        I am the owner of www.AllOutdoorParts.com an online mower parts distributor. I am also a Briggs Master Service Technician and Expert Certified Mechanic for Kohler. If my posts helps you please like my facebook page at www.facebook.com/alloutdoorparts

Comment

Thanks man. I will check things out this weekend.

How do you suggest i get this at an angle where i can move around in there? someone said to put on wheel on the trailer and another off, giving me that angle to get under there. I also thought it would be easy to get a rope and a tree limp and bring the front up but not too sure how easy that would be without a cumalong

Comment

my sixth sense that i have managed to pick up when mowing is knowing when something is going to go.

you will be able to hear a different noise or feel mower doing something different or belt wobbling more than usual. I amaze my self to know when a spindle is going or belt is about to fly off.
            last time one of the spindle bolts broke when i started the deck, i looked under the deck my belt was there and it was on all of the spindles (that were left) and spindles looked find but the deck was not turning (i was STUMPED for like 30 seconds) then i pulled up and found the spindle and all the parts under the mower lmao

Comment

Thanks man. I will check things out this weekend.

How do you suggest i get this at an angle where i can move around in there? someone said to put on wheel on the trailer and another off, giving me that angle to get under there. I also thought it would be easy to get a rope and a tree limp and bring the front up but not too sure how easy that would be without a cumalong
              Personally I do not recommend either option, but of the two the trailer with a wheel off is the safest one(still not safe but given my options). The rope over a tree branch seems like a way you could kill yourself these mowers are heavy. I personally suggest something like the mowjack cheap enough to justify but has a few safety's built in.

Comment

Thanks for the tip. After looking at it though, why cant i just use 2 jack stands and a floor jack? Butt the rear against a tree and do that? Dont see why it wouldn't work just as good and free.

Comment

yeah it would work, but put the tire against the tree not the back of the mower it would destroy the tree A jackstand on the side off the trailer might also work.

Comment

Working...
                  X