No announcement yet.

Another start up thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The person who does this will most likely have a noticeable dent/hole in the back of their vehicle.
    kinda forgot about that part. hah.. so i have no worries anymore.

back to the lock.. maybe i should start a poll?

Comment

kinda forgot about that part. hah.. so i have no worries anymore.

back to the lock.. maybe i should start a poll?

The fact is that if someone clever wants to steal your trailer, they are going to steal your trailer. Actually, it doesn't take much skill at all to do depending on where you leave it.

There are so many tools available to the average Joe for breaking into just about every lock, or taking apart mechanisms. Your best bet would be to buy a high tech trailer coupler locking mechanism to make theft more challenging/ but it can never be impossible.

I have no idea what this is, but it looks like a pain in the arse to break into;

Comment

WHOA.. thats some serious... something..

Comment

Standing in my trailer when it's empty makes me feel like I'm a pirate on my ship... anyone else?

Comment

i actually just got this equipment this past weekend. saturday afternoon. sunday morning i swept it out. a friend stopped by to check out my equipment. we had a few beers. he was standing or sitting in the chair in the garage. i was standing or sitting in the chair... in the trailer.

my wife says, "is that your new favorite place? want a tv for in there?" i laughed and said to go grab my ipad and portable speakers.. Gonna start a party in this Bit($*!! hahah

Comment

i actually just got this equipment this past weekend. saturday afternoon. sunday morning i swept it out. a friend stopped by to check out my equipment. we had a few beers. he was standing or sitting in the chair in the garage. i was standing or sitting in the chair... in the trailer.

my wife says, "is that your new favorite place? want a tv for in there?" i laughed and said to go grab my ipad and portable speakers.. Gonna start a party in this Bit($*!! hahah
              LOL, that's how it's done!

Comment

reading all this gave me an idea, i definitely disagree with the open position thing but anyways i thought of an even better way;

just lock a tennis ball in it. its flexible and all so it would probably fit in inside any size you get you get benefit of the locked position and there is an obstacle in the way.
                and if u dont have a lock just lock the position and put a nut and bolt snug on it, they way the would have to have tools to take the trailer.

Comment

just lock a tennis ball in it.

You are one clever son of a gun! LOL

I'd have to try that, I'm curious.

My new checklist for returning home;

Phone check
                  Wallet check
                  Keys check
                  Route check
                  Garbage check
                  Trailer Key check
                  Tennis Ball check

Comment

What about a wheel lock? I have seen them for less than $100 and can be used on anything with a wheel.

- Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
                    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

This is the coupler that i have.

This is the lock i got and it doesnt fit.. The bar doesnt go through the area like it is supposed to. I guess the designs dont match.

What would be my best option for a lock for the hitch? Not too sure i like the idea of the lock for the wheel.

Comment

There are many different types of locks you could use for the trailer ball area.

Trailer Locks
                        http://www.lunchesruslawncare.com

Comment

guess i just need to go to a trailer place and check them out. I found mine at Home Depot and it was the only type available/

Maybe i could just get a simple lock like this if it fits.

Comment

This is the coupler that i have.

This is the lock i got and it doesnt fit.. The bar doesnt go through the area like it is supposed to. I guess the designs dont match.

What would be my best option for a lock for the hitch? Not too sure i like the idea of the lock for the wheel.
                            the 2nd one looks good to me, I was just suggesting what we used to do, now I have them all in buildings as the weather really gets to the wood floors.
                            I am the owner of www.AllOutdoorParts.com an online mower parts distributor. I am also a Briggs Master Service Technician and Expert Certified Mechanic for Kohler. If my posts helps you please like my facebook page at www.facebook.com/alloutdoorparts

Comment

guess i just need to go to a trailer place and check them out. I found mine at Home Depot and it was the only type available/

Maybe i could just get a simple lock like this if it fits.

i use this for my trailer, but i live in the country so i dont have to worry about people coming to take it, but its great to have for hooking it up to truck, although as it gets weathered its getting harder to open, make sure u keep wd40 with it, oil, or something similar

Comment

This past weekend, i noticed if i push both bars forward all the way, i would go to the left and not straight. seems one tire is moving faster than the other. how do i adjust this?

also... i hit some hire and hasn't sounded right since. nothing crazy, continued to mow but defiantly think someone is off balance or something near the blades.

being new, i don't know what to look for. i still need to look under the deck for some wrapped up wire or something in the spindle..

any suggestions?

Comment

Working...
                                X