Company info on truck?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Company info on truck?

I am thinking about whether or not to put my company logo and number on the side of my truck. I have an enclosed trailer with everything on it but I am not always pulling the trailer. If this is recommended, should I simply get a magnet or actual decal?

I am thinking about whether or not to put my company logo and number on the side of my truck. I have an enclosed trailer with everything on it but I am not always pulling the trailer. If this is recommended, should I simply get a magnet or actual decal?
    I'd say definitely get it on the truck as well. Decal is the best thing to do because sometimes jerky kids might steal your magnets off because they have nothing else to do....but magnets are much cheaper obviously. I think you can get one on vistaprint for less than 20 bucks.

I'd say get something on there as soon as you can. If you can't afford the decal, get 2 magnets for now. You can save up for a decal and in the meantime you'll still have the advertisement on your truck. Hopefully no one will rip the magnets off while you're waiting to get decals, but even if they do you won't lose that much money.

Comment

Unless you do NOT want new business, or are otherwise trying to hide what you do for some reason (not legit?), it's absolutely 110% retarded not to letter your vehicle.

Sez the man who STILL has no lettering on his truck.

Seriously though. I can't even begin to imagine how much business has slipped right by because people just see "a truck" parked outside.

My temporary solution was to get lawn signs which I place in front of and behind my truck, and they have helped to identify myself to those in the area. The DO notice and they remember, and they STOP ME asking for quotes. This didn't happen nearly as often before the yard signs, so lettering the truck is just going to help me that much more.

(maybe someone can enlighten me if there are good reasons NOT to advertise your business)

Comment

(maybe someone can enlighten me if there are good reasons NOT to advertise your business)

You plan on not mowing and robbing the place. Thats all I can think of.

Comment

Seriously though. I can understand that the guy just starting out may not think that it's money well spent, but all day, every day I see all sorts of trucks with mowers and equipment that have no lettering. Why?

I mean, not just a beat-up Chevy with a Craftsman mower tossed in back, but dump trucks pulling $50,000 worth of mowers on an 18' trailer... what gives? Why would you not show the public - your potential customers - the info they need to identify, and contact you?

Comment

Beats me... I did the website and magnets before I even started my business so I'm at a lost. I even put the stupid lettering that people use for mailboxes on my trailer. I do want a vinyl wrap for the truck, I just havent splurged yet.

I think you might have hit the nail on the head as not being legit. When I first bought commercial auto insurance something that my agent said was "you dont want to be in a accident with lettering".

Comment

Check out buildasign. They have a much better quality magnetic sign available than vistaprint. Vista prints magnetic sign is very thin and I had one blow off the truck and it got lost.
              http://www.lunchesruslawncare.com

Comment

I think you might have hit the nail on the head as not being legit. When I first bought commercial auto insurance something that my agent said was "you dont want to be in a accident with lettering".
                That is the main reason for no putting your name on the side of your truck. Also you have people that are wanting to upgrade trucks before they do spend the money on putting a logo on the truck.
                I am the owner of www.AllOutdoorParts.com an online mower parts distributor. I am also a Briggs Master Service Technician and Expert Certified Mechanic for Kohler. If my posts helps you please like my facebook page at www.facebook.com/alloutdoorparts

Comment

What does that mean though? Why do you think he would tell you that and is that good advice or not?
                  - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
                  Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

That is the main reason for no putting your name on the side of your truck. Also you have people that are wanting to upgrade trucks before they do spend the money on putting a logo on the truck.
                    The only reason I don't have any letters on my truck is because it's my dad's truck. I don't own it, so I just use it all the time due to the fact my dad can no longer drive due to eye vision problem.

The transmission blew, so i can go get myself my own truck ! Then i will be putting letters on it

Comment

Why do you think he would tell you that and is that good advice or not?
                      I was getting quotes on general liability and wasnt sold whether or not to get commercial auto. I was going to wait till winter, thinking I only needed it for snow removal.

What does that mean though?
                      If you get into a accident on the way to or back from a job and have personal auto. The insurance company wont cover a dime. Youll be liable for every dollar in damage.

If you just have a mower in the back, you might get away with it but if youve got signs all over your truck. Your done! Youll definitely have the policy dropped.

Comment

Also you have people that are wanting to upgrade trucks before they do spend the money on putting a logo on the truck.
                        Is this a good or bad idea? Ultimately can't we keep putting off things until never?

Is it bad to have a sign on a truck that doesn't look to good? Or is it always helpful to be promoting your business name?
                        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
                        Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

I was getting quotes on general liability and wasnt sold whether or not to get commercial auto. I was going to wait till winter, thinking I only needed it for snow removal.

If you get into a accident on the way to or back from a job and have personal auto. The insurance company wont cover a dime. Youll be liable for every dollar in damage.

If you just have a mower in the back, you might get away with it but if youve got signs all over your truck. Your done! Youll definitely have the policy dropped.

The whole insurance thing may vary by state, but here in PA I'm perfectly fine using my regular policy that I've had for years - no need to switch to a "commercial policy" UNLESS I have any employees that will drive it, OR if I title it under my business name. Otherwise, no problem if I have an accident while going to, coming from, or while working - it's covered. (except for equipment - that needs to be covered separately)

Trust me, I confirmed this with three insurance companies before accepting it as truth.

Comment

Only problem I have with magnetic signs is how many you loose over a season and time wasted back tracking trying to find were they blew off at.

Comment

Only problem I have with magnetic signs is how many you loose over a season and time wasted back tracking trying to find were they blew off at.
                              I have never lost a magnetic sign that I got from Buildasign. They do not blow off at all. They do not move around either. Very good product.
                              http://www.lunchesruslawncare.com

Comment

Working...
                              X