No announcement yet.

Company info on truck?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You need a D.O.T. number if your more than 10,000 lbs gvw. My chevy 1/2 ton is 4,600 lbs, and my tandem axle trailer is 7,000 lbs. That's a combined total of 11,600 gvw. Its the total of the gvw, which is what you could haul, not what it weighs. They are free to get.
    is that a national thing?? my truck is 10K gvw, but when I add my trailer, the combo would jump to 12950. I don't have a DOT number as yet.

Comment

is that a national thing?? my truck is 10K gvw, but when I add my trailer, the combo would jump to 12950. I don't have a DOT number as yet.
      no its state to state. CT is any combo over 25,000. Not sure about NJ.

Comment

It is state to state. There are federal regulations for interstate and intrastate, and state regulations for interstate and intrastate. Check out www.fmcsa.dot.gov. you could also call your secretary of state, and they may be able to help you, or at least point you in the right direction.

Comment

Working...
        X