Pay back

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pay back

Hey everyone... last year at this time i worked for a landscaping company to get my feet wet in the industry. I am getting back at the owner for stealing my clients i had for the first few months this season. He totally screwed me and i told him to lay off my accounts. I have a few of his customers that live in my area, How can I get his customers to switch over to my company? I need to make my quota this season. Please help me!

Hey everyone... last year at this time i worked for a landscaping company to get my feet wet in the industry. I am getting back at the owner for stealing my clients i had for the first few months this season. He totally screwed me and i told him to lay off my accounts. I have a few of his customers that live in my area, How can I get his customers to switch over to my company? I need to make my quota this season. Please help me!
    I certainly understand needing to fill your quota. Remember two wrongs don't make a right! I feel it will only hurt you long term if you decide to go that route of "War". Be patient, treat your current customers right and more accounts will find you. Some will also be those ex-customers of your former employer I would expect with time.

Just my Opinion!
    Don't Keep Replacing Lawn Sprinkler Heads
    Protect them with "Sprinkler Buddy"
    CLICK HERE > http://www.sprinklerbuddy.com

Comment

Don't be petty, leave that up to the competition. Offer superior service and be there when they can't.
      Boughter's Lawn Care Services Mowing and Fertilizing in New Castle, PA

Comment

Explain to his customers in detail how horrible he is for stealing your customers, and how noble you are for trying to do the same.

I'm sure they will understand.

Move on. I haven't had to "get" any of my clients - they have all come to me.

Comment

hedgemaster... what type of marketing have you used to attract your current clients all i can really do for now is door hangers and flyers but due to my age... I am 15 i cant really go far. It seems as much marketing material i put out to my service area i have a feeling isnt getting through.

Just off the record... one time the guy tried stealing my equipment and all I have is an echo trimmer redmax ebz5100 blower and a craftsman 21 inch walkbehind... talk about theft lol

Comment

Honestly, I have used Craigslist, and it has worked well for me.
            I would imagine that different locations will yield varying degrees of success though. I'm just outside of Pittsburgh, so there are always people looking to hire - if you have an ad, someone will call you. I haven't run my ad in a few months and up until a few weeks ago I STILL had several calls per day from people who had done a search, and my "weeks old" ad was one of the results.

I tried flyers in the winter for snow removal. It was somewhat successful, but I never did get around to doing the same in the spring to see how it would work for lawn care.

I have yard signs that I place out while mowing lawns and have gained a few new clients as a result. I still haven't gotten my truck lettered, so the lawn signs help identify me as a lawn care business, as opposed to just another truck.

Newsletters - I haven't done it yet, but one of the more "profitable" sections of town has a newsletter that I'm going to run an ad in for the next season to target that specific area.

Good luck to you.

Comment

I particularly like the yard sign advertisement I think in my area it would attract attention b/c i live on a busy street . Thanks
              Just curious but how long have you been in business?

Comment

Technically, this past winter. Not much snow though, so I went hungry.
                This spring was my "real" start.

Comment

Did you use post cards for the spring?

Comment

Did you use post cards for the spring?
                    I used Craigslist advertising almost exclusively. I had postcards printed, and I'm sure I posted them on here before, but I never mailed them out except as part of a "Thank You" to some prior customers.

The only other thing I did that I forgot to mention was hanging a flyer at a grocery store, which yielded a few clients.

Comment

Yea thats what i have been doing

Comment

I am getting back at the owner for stealing my clients i had for the first few months this season
                        What was he doing? Following you around and finding where your clients were to target them on purpose?
                        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
                        Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

yes, but thankfully a few loyal clients stayed true to me so from my first 10 accounts i got knocked down to 3. I am trying so hard to get some more clients but only dis-advantage is its mid-season is anyone willing to switch over?

Comment

You should have them sign a contract with you.
                            http://www.lunchesruslawncare.com

Comment

There will always be customers looking to switch over for various reasons, even mid-season. So keep at it. You would be amazed at home many start ups, either don't show up regularly or give up mid-season because they are not making any money and underbid their jobs.

From where you are at now, have you come up with some ways to better defend against such tactics that your old employer is trying now?
                              - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
                              Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Working...
                              X