No announcement yet.

getting ready to start

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I look forwards to seeing the new paint job.

Also, I was wondering, what do you do about registration and getting a title for a trailer when you build it yourself? Is that an issue at all or don't you need a license plate for it?
    I took it to wil-ro tuesday and they said they would try to work it in this week so i drove by yesterday and it wasn't outside were i left it and there were some freshly painted beds so im thinking they probly have started on it.

I know that trailers of this size around here dont have license plates so im not sure. Im not sure what to do about registration and getting a title.

Also I was looking for insurance yesterday and stopped by state farm, they said i would have to be in business at least two years before they would Cover me, so im going to look at other companys now.

Comment

Well I got my cards in the mail today. I wish i would have made my business name a bigger font, but they will work till there gone.

Vista print 500 cards printed front and back shipped for 22.00

front

back

Comment

That is excellent. I think the cards look great! You are really getting a lot of things done!
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
        Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

My mom works in insureance ( volenteer fire departments) in the office above where we have our auto poilcy so i had her check with them to see if they could write me a quote / policy and They told her yes that it wouldnt be a problem and that i just need to come in and answer some questions.

Wendsday im going to do licencing and taxes.
          Tursday i have a job interview at lowes. i think i will have an advange with the knowlege of landscaping, carpentry, and welding. i HOPE i get it because i need something untill i get enough lawns to cover my overhead.

I dont / cant Start until i am legal and insured.

Comment

You got a lot going on. I look forwards to hearing how all this goes.
            - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

The trailer is painted i will pick it up tommrow after i get my licenes and taxs takeng care of. Then i might go get some pricing on signs. What is a range of pricing for vehicle signs and a 2 ft x 4 ft sign for the back of my trailer?

Comment

I think it would depend on how you will mount it. If you had some sort of flat area that you could stick the lettering on, the sign material would be pretty cheap. If the sign company has to make the sign then it might be more expensive.

Have you thought about how you want it all to look and how you want the sign to be attached?

Comment

magnets for my truck and gromets in the sign for my trailer.

Comment

well it is painted and the wood is in the trailer.

Good news I got licenes and taxes taken care of
                    Bad news i am going to have to cut the axle off and move it back about two foot i dont have enough weight on the tounge with the gate on the back.
                    When i slide the axle back it should rase the back end of the trailer and it will sit more level.

I will also add the fenders when i move the axle.

I think they did a little over kill on the pin stripeing

Comment

That looks really good!

What is your plan on where to put signs on the side of the trailer?

Comment

im planing on one big one on the ramp.

Comment

im planing on one big one on the ramp.
                          I have always wondered how much gas mileage the big signs on the ramps take up....
                          I am the owner of www.AllOutdoorParts.com an online mower parts distributor. I am also a Briggs Master Service Technician and Expert Certified Mechanic for Kohler. If my posts helps you please like my facebook page at www.facebook.com/alloutdoorparts

Comment

I have always wondered how much gas mileage the big signs on the ramps take up....
                            The guy at my sign shop told me that he's been told that a full gate sign creates enough drag to burn an extra 4 miles per gallon. I suppose that also would vary depending on what you're pulling and what you're pulling it with.

My smallest trailer is 6'8" wide so the recommended the sign be no more than 30"x50" (50" just happened to be the width it would have to be to catch the support bars under the ramp This sign was priced to me at I believe $125. I would say around $15 per square foot for ramp signs. That does seem a little high to be considering that I had both truck doors done with a message along the side of the bed and the tailgate cleaned and matched to the doors for only $275.

Vista print does door magnets also Caleb. The key to getting a good deal with Vista is watching for their promotions. Get an order together and let it sit there in the system for a few days checking back every other day or so. They often offer free shipping, I recommend taking it as I always end up receiving my products from them in three days regardless of whether I used the upgraded shipping or the basic free shipping.

Last time I ordered cards I ordered 2500 and then only five hundred for a spin off company. By the time I actually placed this particular order I had to bump the 500 to 1000 for whatever reason the 1000 was cheaper than the 500. Received my 3500 cards in 3 business days and spent $27.

Comment

The guy at my sign shop told me that he's been told that a full gate sign creates enough drag to burn an extra 4 miles per gallon. I suppose that also would vary depending on what you're pulling and what you're pulling it with.
                              That would be very interesting to test.

Comment

well im thinking the sign will only be half the size of the ranp so if i put it at the bottom it wouldnt be much diffrence than hitting the mower.

Comment

Working...
                                X