Do you bill monthly?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you bill monthly?

If you have contract customers, do you bill them monthly? and if so, do you ever bill for the previous months cuts or are they always billed and paid prior to cutting?

I was thinking for customers who sign at least a 3 month contract, that I would bill them at the end of the month and have it due by the 10th of the next month. Too risky?

I bill monthly my customers pay after work is performed

Comment

We bill monthly. If its 4 cuts, bill is sent day of 2nd cut and due day after 4th cut (if 5 cuts then its 3rd and 5th cuts). If payment not received by day before the 1st cut of next month we stop until payment is received.
      Evansville Lawn Mowing
      Newburgh Lawn Care

Comment

I bill on the last day of the month for work performed that month.
        Boughter's Lawn Care Services Mowing and Fertilizing in New Castle, PA

Comment

For me it depends on when the agreement is started. For example, if someone signs an agreement started today then April 5th, will be the next invoice date and they have 15 days to pay or they receive a late payment and work ceases until they pay.

Matt

Comment

For those who bill monthly, do you do so for ALL customers, or are there some who WANT to pay you at the time of service, or perhaps even send you a check without ever getting a bill?

Curious, as I haven't figured out how to handle this part yet, and spring is about here!
            I'm used to people being home when I do work and they pay before i leave.

Comment

The only billing I usually do is my commercials. I collect the residentials as they get serviced.
              http://www.lunchesruslawncare.com

Comment

I billed monthly when I ran my business. The 30th of every month, I'd send invoices out and state that the "Due Date" was the 15th. This was billed once work was done. You are taking a risk I suppose doing this but you can usually tell what you are getting into. If you don't feel right about it, require prepayment.

Comment

For those who bill monthly, do you do so for ALL customers, or are there some who WANT to pay you at the time of service, or perhaps even send you a check without ever getting a bill? ...
                  Yes, some people can't stand to let me leave without paying. Actually, it's more work. 4-5 payments per month to record instead of one. I can't complain though.

Comment

Yes, some people can't stand to let me leave without paying. Actually, it's more work. 4-5 payments per month to record instead of one. I can't complain though.
                    That's sort of what I was wondering... does it make things too complicated if some people want to pay "now" as opposed to waiting?

I'd imagine "monthly" would work very well for a "contract" client, but how about "one time" customers - say a hedge cutting job - do you bill them at the end of the month as well, or is that a "take it as soon as you can get it" situation?

Comment

That's sort of what I was wondering... does it make things too complicated if some people want to pay "now" as opposed to waiting?
                      I just use my daily schedule from Gopher and mark their payment by their name so when I come home to mark the completed jobs I can also input the payment. Mark it as soon as they pay even if you have to get off the mower and walk back to the truck. Billing someone for a payment they made would get sticky.

I'd imagine "monthly" would work very well for a "contract" client, but how about "one time" customers - say a hedge cutting job - do you bill them at the end of the month as well, or is that a "take it as soon as you can get it" situation?
                      No, everyone gets a bill on the last day of the month. I've been considering even sending a zero bill as a receipt to those that pay at service but I never seem to get around to it.

Comment

I have gone to billing the month in advance. It seems to be working out well for me. I send out invoices on the first and due by the 15th of the month. Customers haven't complained one bit.

Comment

I'm afraid of asking a new contract client to pay for a month in advance when they know nothing about me or my company. But I also don't want to have to try to collect (for the previous months service) from people who have a hard time paying.
                          One time services need to pay at the time the service is completed.
                          I appreciate all the info.

Comment

I send my bills every 15th and 30th of the month. I also give them 15 days to pay, after that we stop service

Comment

Billing

We bill about 90% the first of the month. The other 10% pay after we mow. If we have slow pay we send a past due notice by e-mail. If they do not respond by next day the service is cut off till payment is made.

I had one customer that late pay too many times and fired them. Don't want to play games with my customers!

Comment

Working...
                              X