heavily tattooed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• heavily tattooed

OK I'm starting a lawn care business well i started pushing snow back in Nov. any way i am 6 ft 1 250lbs and heavily tattooed ,hands, neck you name it bout the only thing that isn't inkd is my face so my point is how do i go about getting new customers I'm afraid to walk up to some old Lady's door to hand out a flyer she will have a heart attack or shoot me so what do you suggest

LOL That is hilarious! Come to Austin. You will fit in perfectly. :-)

Wear some pants with a nice long sleeve shirt with your logo on it. That should get the job done.

Matt

Comment

I'd start by maybe wearing some long sleeve shirts with a collar and long pants, no logger boots, keep it honest and non intimidating looking. I'm sure u already thought of that, so maybe it would help if your truck and clothing all said your business name on it.

- I'd say see how it works out - I can't imagine how you would get jobs with full body ink but could work out, don't see how it could work for you but could work out..
      Word of mouth is going to be your best bet

Maybe you could have someone put out your flyers for you?

I wouldn't want a full ink'd landscaper walking up to my doorstep, but i'm REALLY nervous about that sorta stuff
      I'm sure you would get work but may be slow to start

Comment

This is a very difficult question. I think it will be a problem when it comes to your initial contact with the client. Once you have built up a relationship it shouldn't be a problem. As other members have mentioned long clothing would help especially on your first visit.

I'm not sure if this next idea will work but it is worth giving it a go. The key thing here is that you should test your results to see what happens. Try bringing up the fact that you are inked in your fliers. It might build a re*****city (LOL I'm not sure why this word is being censored by the forum.. it is ment to say r.e.c.i.p.r.o.c.i.t.y,) between you and your clients. Have a photo of you showing of your tat's and try a slogn like "I'm covered in ink but sweeter than a fruit drink."
        Or if you want more ideas of things that rhyme with ink then check this page and see what you can come up with
        http://www.rhymezone.com/r/rhyme.cgi...&org2=l&org3=y

Really put a lot of energy in to building that relationship. You are not there to mow their lawn. You are there to create an enjoyable experience for the client. Learn their names, their children's names, their dogs names and any thing else that will build trust.

I hope this helps you in any way. Let us know how you get on. We would love to here from you.
        Last edited by elrascal; 02-23-2011, 12:35 AM.

Comment

I really dont think a church suit and a bible will help you ,any chance you can find yourself an un-inked individual to help with the scary grannies ?

Comment

I have a guy that works for me that is tattooed all over it has never been a problem he sells jobs just fine it all about personality

Comment

This is a great topic. Great responses too.

Do you have a preference on which way you would like to play it? Would you like to utilize the tattoo's in your marketing and present it in a way that customers would welcome it or do you want to camouflage it and try to work around it?
              - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
              Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

I think you can be scary without tattoos, and just because you have a lot of tattoos doesn't make you scary. I agree with 950thomas, it's about personality. I have tats on my neck (wife and kid's names), but I can get along with almost anyone, IMO. Plus, so many people have tattoos these days, it may not even become an issue. Just provide the best customer service you can and do quality work and you should be fine.

Comment

problem solved

Comment

problem solved
                    I agree more frightening then the tattoo I would want to get rid of a guy dressed like that selling lawn care..... only a nutcase would bid lawn care dressed like that around here.

but in reality we all have different standards for different occupations. Yes you will loose sales over your tattoos but they are most likely customers you do not want anyway. But I think for the most part your customers will not care. Think about it this way who would you want to cut your yard, a guy with tattoos or a guy showing up in a suite that looks like he has not touched a lawnmower in years.

No matter what you do you will only have a certain group of people that will do business with you, to get more customers you have to have more people see you. A customer told me that today and it sounded good
                    I am the owner of www.AllOutdoorParts.com an online mower parts distributor. I am also a Briggs Master Service Technician and Expert Certified Mechanic for Kohler. If my posts helps you please like my facebook page at www.facebook.com/alloutdoorparts

Comment

Ooooo... this is a good one! I like tat's myself. I have a rather large visible tat on my left outside forearm... I had only one elderly lady comment on it and she said, "What a pretty tattoo!" LMFAO, now that isn't the experience I expected as my tat is a military one reading Death Before Dishonor with an Bald Eagle, Sword, Heart, etc. I also have a tribal arm band that is visible when I wear short sleeve polo's. I have never had an issue selling. Here are a few pointers though:
                      Do not look like a business man: you want to look like you know your business, the most dress up would be a polo with your business name / pair of jeans / and your work boots. <- this is an honest look

Clean cut: clean shaven, if you have a beard or go-tee then trimmed well and clean shaven around. <- shows self respect: can't respect others unless you respect yourself.

Personality, as 950thomas stated, is going to be key when it comes to the tat's. <- sincere

Remembering names is good but the biggest name to remember is the wife! <- the wife doesn't like you... your not getting the job

There are more but I believe these are the biggest. Good luck to you and may your business flourish and profit in the years to come!

Comment

I agree, i think the short sleeve polo will be your best bet also. Maybe some decently classic shades, like your a sophisticated artist and not a gang ridden jail bird

As long as you do not have sick vulgar tatoos, and its your canvas for art,

then by all means you should rock out with your art out, after all it is where your most comfortable isnt it?

I wouldn't really consider hiding it, unless its gang tatoo's or the equivelant.

Good Luck!
                        (352)682-3094 Suwannee River, Florida 32680

Visit my site, http://www.lawnmoore.com, Thanks!

Comment

problem solved
                          That is hilarious!!! Glad you are back Scott. Been worried that you got lost in the snow.

Matt

Comment

I forgot that I even had tattoos.

Probably because I'm lacking mirrors and the fact they are near the pelvic region... and I have been eating McDonalds like a champion all winter.

I can't wait for summer...

Comment

I forgot that I even had tattoos.

Probably because I'm lacking mirrors and the fact they are near the pelvic region... and I have been eating McDonalds like a champion all winter.

I can't wait for summer...
                              NICE! My suggestion for that is you may want to put the riding mower up and use the walk behind a bit... Oh and lay off the McD's too, lol!

Comment

Working...
                              X