No announcement yet.

Larger lawns

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the larger cuts I do It averages $50 per hour.
    Well, how long would it take you to do 4 1000 square feet lawns at $20 a pop? I'm not saying you don't have a good plan, I'm just suggesting that one shouldn't discount smaller lawns because they offer smaller dollars. If you have a minimum price in your formula then the 15 minute lawns can net you some major cabbage.
    Last edited by mark123; 01-16-2011, 08:13 PM.
    Boughter's Lawn Care Services Mowing and Fertilizing in New Castle, PA

Comment

Well, how long would it take you to do 4 1000 square feet lawns at $20 a pop? I'm not saying you don't have a good plan, I'm just suggesting that one shouldn't discount smaller lawns because they offer smaller dollars. If you have a minimum price in your formula then the 15 minute lawns can net you some major cabbage.
      Oh I agree totally. I aim for larger lots but I dont turn down small lawns ether. Turning down any work is a mistake, especially in this industry. I happen to just have it made living in the country where most of the lawn outside the town limits are very large.
      White Company

Comment

Another thing to consider in small vs. large is the blade time as well as fuel consumption on your mower.
        You will rack up the hours and go through much more fuel on the large properties. All this leads to more maintenance etc. for your equipment.
        Those extra costs should be figured in.....

Comment

Working...
        X