Pressure washing?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pressure washing?

How dose pressure washing do in winter? Dose it kinda die off also or??????
    White Company

I am guessing it depends a lot on how could it gets in your area.
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

I generally wait until fall/winter to really push pressure washing. Everything slows down a little in the winter, especially during the holidays. In my experience at least.

Comment

Thats what I'm saying. Seems to me like everything is slower for everyone, even stores are not as packed so that's when they would want their sidewalks pressure washed and what not. I mean it would be madness for me to do something like that right now seeing as we are set to see below freezing temps the rest of the week but I am wandering if I went out and got a cheep little pressure washer if it would pay for its self and then some or if right now is just a bad time.
        White Company

Comment

Thats what I'm saying. Seems to me like everything is slower for everyone, even stores are not as packed so that's when they would want their sidewalks pressure washed and what not. I mean it would be madness for me to do something like that right now seeing as we are set to see below freezing temps the rest of the week but I am wandering if I went out and got a cheep little pressure washer if it would pay for its self and then some or if right now is just a bad time.
          your going to want at least 3000 PSI. I just go a commercial grade engine and pump that is 3300 psi for about $700.00.it does well.

Comment

your going to want at least 3000 PSI. I just go a commercial grade engine and pump that is 3300 psi for about $700.00.it does well.
            Unfortunately I can NOT go that rout as I dont have that kind of money to spend. I may lose a little in the long run by buying a cheaper model but hopefully i will pay for itself and get the ball rolling first. Thus far over the past 18 months all I have purchased has been residential grade stuff from the local Lowes and I am very happy with it, its all paid for itself many times over and still running strong. I know it wont last as long or at least the warranty wont last as long but it is what it is. I had a deal for a huge one last year that took up the bed of my truck but turned it down. I wish now I would have picked it up.
            White Company

Comment

We offer services as long as the weather allows, we were cutting and chipping trees for example right up to Christmas and we have two more to do as soon as this wind calms down. I did receive a call for pressure washing two weeks ago, the customer was putting Christmas light up and noticed the siding was a mess however that is shut down here, simply too cold.

Sales in retail and other areas are way down. I spoke with my daughter last night as she works at a high end sporting store that had wicked sales yesterday, sales were down a staggering amount. I did notice in the city traffic was a fraction of previous years boxing day sales.
              Andy
              Halifax, Nova Scotia

Comment

So it sounds like pressure washing could be a year round service "weather permitting" can you elaborate on that though? I mean for sure we wouldn't want to pressure wash in sub freezing temps but what other conditions would it be ill advised?
                White Company

Comment

I pressure wash unless it's below freezing, or snowing. Last year I offered pressure washing and didn't do much of it all all. At the end of this year I have done a lot more. I had a used Honda GX 340 with a general pump and the pump blew on a job so I went and bought a new commercial grade(my last one I bought used). I would assume though that for a while you won't be using it like commercial use anyway. I'm not sure how much experience you have pressure washing but it can be a VERY slow process if you don't have enough pressure.

I do siding, moss on roofs, sides of gutters, walks, patios and decks.

I have been looking for a good way to promote or up sell pressure washing, it's not as popular as my other services but it can be a money maker.

There are also some good attachments to get, I have a 15 in surface cleaner, telescoping wand that extends up to 20 feet, and a few others.

Does anyone know anyway to make moss removal go faster with a washer, on concrete?

Comment

Yeh I am sure it will be a slow process, especially with the cheap machine I would get stuck with but at this point I am not worried about my $+hours I am more worried about just making my house payment and feeding my kids so as long as I am making money I dont mind it, I am going from working 20 hour days so the long hours dont bug me. I have used one before but only to clean my old car engines and what not, now I have all new cars that dont need all the dirt and grime cleaned off of them but that may just be another service to offer, maybe to local mechanics before they dig in I can pressure wash the engine, who knows.
                    White Company

Comment

I generally wait until fall/winter to really push pressure washing. Everything slows down a little in the winter, especially during the holidays. In my experience at least.
                      Do you suggest using that in your marketing material? Saying something like 'now is the time to pressure wash your ...... things have slowed down and its a great time to cleanup and prepare for the new year?'

Or do you do something else?
                      - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
                      Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Do you suggest using that in your marketing material? Saying something like 'now is the time to pressure wash your ...... things have slowed down and its a great time to cleanup and prepare for the new year?'

Or do you do something else?
                        Thats a great idea Steve. I get postcards from my mortgage broker several times per year letting me know of new services and interest rates and what not. I have really wanted to do this but we have had to just about cut back on all marketing other than the ad in the paper because right now we just cant afford it.
                        White Company

Comment

There are two products, one is called Moss Buster which you can buy online and the other Moss Be Gone, sprayed on, both will actually fall off in the rain, we spray, give it a day, come back and pressure wash off.

Unless it's say 45 or below we will pressure wash.
                          Andy
                          Halifax, Nova Scotia

Comment

FYI for commercial jobs they will want the gum removed. Unless you know how, it will require hot water to remove. Cold water and high pressure will damage the concrete.

Go out and sell the job and then rent a pressure washer for the job. I have rented them for as little as $40 for 1/2 a day. You can also rent a surface cleaner which makes it much faster and a hot water unit if you need to.
                            Pat

Comment

Not a bad idea. I would love to own my equipment but renting one might be a good way to start out.
                              White Company

Comment

Working...
                              X