No announcement yet.

Pressure washing?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are two products, one is called Moss Buster which you can buy online and the other Moss Be Gone, sprayed on, both will actually fall off in the rain, we spray, give it a day, come back and pressure wash off.

Unless it's say 45 or below we will pressure wash.

Will the moss products kill lawns. I do roofs and driveways close to lawns that always have moss on time thick.

Comment

Will the moss products kill lawns. I do roofs and driveways close to lawns that always have moss on time thick.
      No it will not hurt anything

http://www.mossbuster.com/
      Andy
      Halifax, Nova Scotia

Comment

it will require hot water to remove.
        What's the best way to created the hot water on a job site?
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
        Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

not sure where your from, but in the winter here some pressure wash logging trucks, semis, etc. as the sand and salt from the roads build up on them. Check around with some local companies that use this type of equipment. Check on a rental unit and maybe you can hook up with a local company and go from there.

They have units with a kerosene heater to heat the water, just have to drain the lines and everything at night so it doesn't freeze unless you have a heated garage.
          Brian
          Durgin's Lawn & Landscape LLC

www.durginslawnandlandscape.com

Comment

To answer your question Steve, There are pressure washers with heaters built in and there are add on heating units that you can use for a cold water pressure washer. There is a series of tubes that the water flows through and acts as a heat exchanger because they are positioned in the combustion chamber of the burner. Most of the burners you will see are Beckett (in my opinion the best burner out there) and these are identical, except in size, to what you would find on an oil fired boiler.

I used to work on these burners daily in Alaska. You set the temp gauge and when you pull the trigger the burner fires off and heats the water. Most cleaning can be done between 120 and 180 degrees with some systems going well above 200 degrees.

Some burners require 110v AC for operation while others are totally self contained and run on 12v DC for burner operation.
            Pat

Comment

No it will not hurt anything

http://www.mossbuster.com/
              The recommended rate is 3 gallons per 100 sq feet. Thats almost 200 per 1000 square feet, do you use 3 gallons per 1000 square feet?

Comment

The recommended rate is 3 gallons per 100 sq feet. Thats almost 200 per 1000 square feet, do you use 3 gallons per 1000 square feet?
                They suggest 3 gallons per 1,000 square feet, we use around 1.5 unless it's really bad then we will use 2 to 3.
                Andy
                Halifax, Nova Scotia

Comment

Working...
                X