Winter services to offer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter services to offer

Hey guys. Just curious, you know winter is coming and business is gonna get slow. What r some good winter services to offer besides snow removalto keep the income rollin in? But keep in mind im only 14 so i cant really do heavy landscape jobs such as rocks and such.

I do leaf removal, gutter cleaning, and snow removal.

Comment

But arent the leaves like frozen to the ground.

Comment

They will be at a certain point depending on your climate.

What about installing holiday lighting and decorations?
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
        Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

I would have to say for me its firewood and if your in a enviroment where its cold in the winters then you really should look into starting that as a source of income when you become older.

Comment

How do you find the amount of pay per time you spend splitting wood compares with the prices you are able to charge per man hour for lawn care? Is it comparable?
            - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

steve,

Considering i get $240 a cord dumped then it ends up being worth it. for me and another guy to split a cord a wood is about 1 to 2 hours. Then loading my truck to dump in take about 30 mins. So at $240 a cord two guys is about $65 to $70 dollars an hour after fuel costs and other expenses. So all in all i thinks its better to sell wood then cut grass. But i am a landscaper and do both .

Thanks
              Dan

Comment

How do you suggest promoting your fire wood products? Are most of your firewood customers also lawn care customers or do you sell firewood to many others in your area that are not?

Comment

O had it this year for $100 a cord and didn't sell a twig. See I was not trying to make money just had a TON of oak to get rid of. about 3 cord all together for $300. No takers at all.
                  White Company

Comment

I never paid attention but I saw leaf removal mentioned. Is that a service that can be offered all winter season?
                    White Company

Comment

just to add on another question. How many pieces are in a cord of firewood???

Comment

A full cord is enough wood to fill an area 4ft wide X 4ft high x 8ft long.

Comment

How do you suggest promoting your fire wood products? Are most of your firewood customers also lawn care customers or do you sell firewood to many others in your area that are not?
                          I do sell to some of my lawn care customers but sell to more people that arent my lawn care people. I use craigslist which has been very successfull for me along with local advertising also word of mouth.

Comment

just to add on another question. How many pieces are in a cord of firewood???
                            A full cord of wood has about 450 to 500 pieces of firewood.

Comment

When you sell to these new customers, do you do any future marketing to them to promote your lawn care?

When you get to their house, do you look around the property and point out issues you could resolve?

Comment

Working...
                              X