No announcement yet.

Potential new customers that are cheapos

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But what about using it as an in to not only gain a new customer but offer upsell services?

Couldn't something that starts off as a one time job, turn into a repetitive job or even more services if you got a chance to speak with them in person?

It seems the hardest thing to do is to place yourself in front of a potential customer where you can then present your sales pitch. When a potential customer calls, they are doing you a big favor because you don't have to go looking for them. They have looked for you.

If you are already there in front of the customer and have your equipment ready to go, they may say yea, since you are already here can you do this and while you are at it, can you do that too.
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

The guy that is only shopping by price will call someone else and that saves a trip to look at something that you probably were not going to get anyway.
      that is very true

Comment

But what about using it as an in to not only gain a new customer but offer upsell services?

Couldn't something that starts off as a one time job, turn into a repetitive job or even more services if you got a chance to speak with them in person?

It seems the hardest thing to do is to place yourself in front of a potential customer where you can then present your sales pitch. When a potential customer calls, they are doing you a big favor because you don't have to go looking for them. They have looked for you.

If you are already there in front of the customer and have your equipment ready to go, they may say yea, since you are already here can you do this and while you are at it, can you do that too.
        yeah thats the reason i dont quote them over the phone more personal touch equals a better chance to start them on a better plan

Comment

i learned teh hard way not to do this, a guy called me i told him the average is $40 front and back for a one time cut when i got there he had a jungle, he expected me to do the job at the price i told him over the phone but i couldnt he told me to do it for $50 i did it but he was reluctant to pay the price when i was done, he only paid it after i told him i was going to spread all the debris back on his yard... never again am i quoting over the phone
          i quote my min fee over the phone but also let them know the price will be higher depending on how the yard looks when i get there.

Comment

i quote my min fee over the phone but also let them know the price will be higher depending on how the yard looks when i get there.
            What do you feel is the benefit to doing it that way versus other ways you may have experimented with?

Do you feel there is a down side to it or no?
            - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

What do you feel is the benefit to doing it that way versus other ways you may have experimented with?

Do you feel there is a down side to it or no?
              doing it this way you are not locked in on you min fee when the job should be done at a higher price . cant think of a downside at the moment .

Comment

Do you ever have customers who lock your minimum figure into their head so once you show up and give them a higher price, they feel like they want to fight you on the price?

Comment

If a customer is inquiring about price over the phone or that seems to be their main concern instead of the job it's self then that's a big indication that they're going be cheap.

I wouldn't recommend walking away with out saying anything even if the person is a pain like that one lady. Try and be professional/ friendly about it because there are lots of ways for people to damage your reputation on the internet now.

Comment

Why would she hire another lawn care business when her husband owns his own lawn care business himself? Did that make any sense to you?
                    My son had taken a flier off our mailbox early in the spring where the guy had written a quote to mow our yard for $35. I didn't learn about it until later and told him next time to call the guy and have him come mow as the cheapest I would do our acre+ for was $45 (that's my buddy price) and his mom hasn't been paying me that. Then I got a quote from a guy who said he'd do it for $25 just to get into my neighborhood. Though I'm sure he would have done good in the beginning, we all know how that kind of bidding will end up.

Comment

Working...
                    X