Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CT Landscaping

Hello,
    I have been in the landscaping industry since i was in the sixth grade. Now that I'm out of college, i decided to expand my lawn care business into a legitimate business. I have everything set up as far as insurance, and with the IRS and DRS. I have a 1 ton ford pickup commercially registered and insured. I was wondering, in CT do i need some type of DOT # or something like that because my GVWR is 11,200 lbs? Do i also need some type of business liscense for landscaping? I do a lot of lawn and garden maintenance, as well as other odd and end jobs for homeowners. I don't do big installations, (i wish i had the equipment to), but I'm still not sure if i need some type of liscensing. I have searched online, and been unsucessful to find my answers. Thanks for your help
    "Nothing Beats a well Taylored Landscape"

Welcome to our forum!

I would think your DMV would know about the DOT # but you also might want to check here

http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/about/other...s.aspx?#name20

As far as licensing goes, each state and township is different and may require a license. I couldn't find anything on Conn. requiring a landscaping license though.

What kinds of things have you been able to do to market your business? Have you found your marketing has changed since you initially got started?
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X