Changing a timer?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing a timer?

Ok so I need to replace a timer next week. I quote 2 hours plus cost. I have never done this before. Is 2 hours plenty of time for this?
    White Company

I am guessing this is a hard wired irrigation timer? Did you get a replacement? Have you played around with it to see how it works and what it will take to replace it?
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

If its a plug in type. Should take about 15 minutes. Assuming you are replacing one, all the wires are already there. If you are replacing a hardwire, then 1/2 hour or so.
      Northern California

Comment

Ok so I need to replace a timer next week. I quote 2 hours plus cost. I have never done this before. Is 2 hours plenty of time for this?
        should be as long as your nt running any new wire
        Colton
        Mountain View Greenskeeper proudly offering yard care in the East Valley of Arizona.

Comment

I'm replacing an existing timer. I am fairly sure it is hardwired. I talked to the folks at lowes where I got the new one and they concur with everyone that it should take no more than 45 minutes. Not bad for $150 I guess.
          White Company

Comment

Sounds like you made out great on that one. Lots of profit little man power always works for me lol.
            WestBank Lawn Care LLC

http://westbanklawncare.com/

Comment

Sounds like you made out great on that one. Lots of profit little man power always works for me lol.
              I do feel bad though for charging so much. I am an honest person so when the billing is done I will probably apply a credit. I would $hit if someone charged me $300 per hour for yard work lol.
              White Company

Comment

lol good man. It will come back to you some how if you didnt karma can b a B&%@$ !
                Colton
                Mountain View Greenskeeper proudly offering yard care in the East Valley of Arizona.

Comment

Thats great. I usually charge the price of the timer plus $75 for doing a replacement. Its different though if you need to do a new install.
                  Northern California

Comment

Thats great. I usually charge the price of the timer plus $75 for doing a replacement. Its different though if you need to do a new install.
                    Thats what I did 35 per hour but I never did it before so I quoted 2 hours. Unfortunately they already paid and instead of the $80 timer I found one for $20 that will suffice. This is the reason I rather people pay when the work is done.
                    White Company

Comment

Are they gonna be there keeping track of how long you are onsite? How are you gonna handle this?
                      - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

Are they gonna be there keeping track of how long you are onsite? How are you gonna handle this?
                        I handle my hours when I work hourly and then bill accordingly.
                        White Company

Comment

I bet a lot of forum members run into situations at times just like this where they over estimate the time for a job.

It makes you wonder, if you do this, should you just roll with it or should you go back to the client and say, I think I over charged this a bit and I am going to only charge you this instead?

Comment

I bet a lot of forum members run into situations at times just like this where they over estimate the time for a job.

It makes you wonder, if you do this, should you just roll with it or should you go back to the client and say, I think I over charged this a bit and I am going to only charge you this instead?
                            Unfortunately I could not change the timer. I went to do it and realized the current timer is built into the box. For sure an amature mistake. I should have noticed this before. Now I have to go buy a new box before I can install the new timer. I already told them more than likely they will be getting money back but sense they are about $120 behind on there bill they said just to apply it to that.
                            White Company

Comment

Do you have a picture of what the situation is and how you are going about fixing it? I'd love to see.

Comment

Working...
                              X